Her parents were away on a pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia. The 7-year-old's dead body was found in a rubbish dump on Tuesday.
Four people have been caught in connection with the previous 11 cases and several suspects are now in police custody, he said, adding that their identities can not yet be revealed.
As Pakistan witnesses protest against the brutal rape and murder of a 7-year-old, a news anchor in the country took a bold step and went ahead to host her show along with her little daughter sitting on her lap.
Punjab Child Rights Movement Provincial Coordinator Rashida Qureshi urged equipping female police officers with investigation skills and said that the cases of violence against women, girls and children must be handed over to female police investigation officers on a priority basis.
A division bench of the Lahore High Court on Friday ordered the Punjab inspector general of police (IGP) to arrest without fail the killer of innocent girl Zainab within 36 hours.
Zainab's father, Ameen Ansari, told the BBC that he did not agree with the violence of protesters, but understood the anger at police."If the police had done their jobs properly then they would have found her as soon as they got hold of the CCTV", he said. He added that police are waiting for forensic evidence to be collected and analyzed.
This is the 12th such case in the same 2-kilometer area, the regional police office confirmed.
Addressing media here, Khan said that the chief minister needs to conduct a "surgical strike" against the culprit (s) responsible for the rape and murder of minor Zainab. They also threw traffic out of gear by burning tyres on Ferozepur Road and chanted slogans against police and local parliamentarians for their alleged apathy.
At least two people have been convicted in connection with that case, in which authorities say hundreds of children in the district were abused.
Senate Chairman Raza Rabbani suggested introducing appropriate legislation and stricter legal implementation in order to prevent such incidents in the future.
Rabbani said that when the Kasur child abuse scandal surfaced in 2015, he had raised concerns that the outrage would die down within a few days, which is why it is necessary that the government take long-term measures to ensure the safety of children.
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) Forecasted to Earn FY2017 Earnings of $3.30 Per Share
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH) Shares Bought by Public Employees Retirement System of Ohio
- University of Calgary under pressure to expel convicted sex offender
- Why JJ Redick questions existence of dinosaurs
- Donald Trump's lawyers file for defamation against Buzzfeed
- Margot Robbie Thought Tonya Harding Was a Fictional Character
- Martian Ice Newly Detected, Could Supply Water for Human Outposts
- Towns stuffs the stat-sheet in Wolves victory over Knicks
- Trump Referred to Intelligence Analyst as 'Pretty Korean Lady'
- (UTX) Holdings Cut by Meag Munich Ergo Kapitalanlagegesellschaft MBH