In a shocker, the convoy of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was attacked by stone pelters during a "samiksha yatra" in Nandar village here on Friday. Reports said the chief minister was going to Nandan village when the Dalit villagers urged him to pay a visit to their hamlet and see for himself the lack of civic amenities and their sufferings. It has been learned that 2 security men have been injured. Chief Minister was rescued from the attack safely. Some youths also shouted slogans against Nitish Kumar.
"Some people feel disturbed over my commitment to the progress of the state".
Later, Mr. Kumar said at a public meeting, "People should not get perturbed over such minor happenings".
Soon after the attack, Nitish Kumar left the village for next programme at Haryana Farm.
Nitish Kumar is now on a statewide tour called "Vikas Samiksha Yatra" from December 12 to ascertain the development situation in the state. "Dissent lends beauty to democracy", the JDU chief had said in Saharsa.
- Terry Richardson Is Reportedly Under NYPD Investigation Over Sexual Assault Accusations
- Dancing On Ice returns to ITV with a staggering amount of viewers!
- Alliance aims to thwart nosy Wi-Fi spies with new security standards
- Natalie Portman in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'Pale Blue Dot'
- Tamar Braxton "not together" with estranged husband Vincent Herbert, deletes her Instagram
- Sweden says US cutting aid to Palestine threatens stability
- Kevin Gates Released From Prison, For Real This Time
- Facebook to transform News Feed for meaningful interactions
- Stephen Curry on Oklahoma's Trae Young: 'He's unbelievable'
- IN one step closer to Sunday alcohol sales after Senate committee vote