In a shocker, the convoy of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was attacked by stone pelters during a "samiksha yatra" in Nandar village here on Friday. Reports said the chief minister was going to Nandan village when the Dalit villagers urged him to pay a visit to their hamlet and see for himself the lack of civic amenities and their sufferings. It has been learned that 2 security men have been injured. Chief Minister was rescued from the attack safely. Some youths also shouted slogans against Nitish Kumar.
"Some people feel disturbed over my commitment to the progress of the state".
Later, Mr. Kumar said at a public meeting, "People should not get perturbed over such minor happenings".
Soon after the attack, Nitish Kumar left the village for next programme at Haryana Farm.
Nitish Kumar is now on a statewide tour called "Vikas Samiksha Yatra" from December 12 to ascertain the development situation in the state. "Dissent lends beauty to democracy", the JDU chief had said in Saharsa.
- Security forces capture ISIS executioner who threw gay men off buildings
- Kevin Gates Released From Prison, For Real This Time
- Kohl's (KSS) Lifted to Overweight at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- IN one step closer to Sunday alcohol sales after Senate committee vote
- Ethiopia to release jailed politicians to 'foster national reconciliation'
- Kwara United Team Bus Involved In Major Accident
- Shares Seesawing -0.99% on Volume: Itau Unibanco Banco Holding SA (ITUB)
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Downgraded by JPMorgan Chase & Co. to "Underweight"
- Tamar Braxton "not together" with estranged husband Vincent Herbert, deletes her Instagram
- Bentley Bentayga SUV gains V8 engine