President Kenyatta on Thursday morning left the country for a three-day official tour to South Africa.
"We want to strengthen our relations, take them to a higher level", said Zuma, adding that Thursday's meeting was "absolutely important" as it gave both leaders time to come to conclusions on some issues before Kenyatta's next visit.
He said he also discussed bilateral issues which seek to foster greater partnership between the two countries with Ramaphosa, in his capacity as deputy president of the country.
President Kenyatta will be the guest speaker at the 106th anniversary celebrations on Saturday that will be at the Buffalo Stadium, here in East London. "It's a message that resonates well not only with South Africans but [also] to the rest of us in our political parties in the rest of Africa‚" he said.
Zuma said Kenyatta could participate in the birthday of the ruling party "because we have had very good discussions about how to make our parties work together".
On his part, Kenyatta said his meeting with Zuma included talks on working together "for the mutual prosperity of our people", and improving connectivity on the African continent, which he said was critical to industrial development.
"As I told my brother [Ramaphosa]‚ we have a lot to learn from a party that has held together for 106 years and have been involved in the struggle of South Africa and Africa‚" Kenyatta said.
According to a statement from Kenyatta's office, he would meet with Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa on Friday.
Earlier in the day President Kenyatta met German carmaker Volkswagen South Africa head Thomas Schaefer who vowed to double production in Kenya and to introduce a new model at its plant in Thika, a huge boost for President Uhuru Kenyatta's big four action plan.
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE:FCX)
- Kashmiri militants "our brothers, martyrs": PDP MLA Aijaz Ahmad Mir
- Usca Ria LLC Holds Position in First Data Corporation (FDC)
- Arsenal's Francis Coquelin 'agrees £10.5m move to Valencia'
- Kosmos Energy Ltd Com (KOS) Stock Rating Upgraded by Credit Suisse Group
- Picked Rohit Sharma over Ajinkya Rahane on current form, says Virat Kohli
- Schalke interested in Baba Rahman
- (NASDAQ:SBUX) Shares Sold by New York State Teachers Retirement System
- Kasey Kahne finishes fifth in Friday's A main at Chili Bowl Nationals
- Charlize Theron Is an Exhausted Mom in 'Tully' First Trailer