Espanyol are said to be well aware of the situation and rather than panicking the club are assuring the Spanish media they're calm over the situation, feeling their structure won't be hit so much by the head coach leaving.
The Hornets made the ill-advised decision to replace the former Spain defender with Walter Mazzarri despite Sanchez Flores keeping the Vicarage Road club in the Premier League at the first time of asking and reaching the FA Cup semi-finals.
Flores waves to fans after leading his side to victory over Malaga in La Liga on Monday night
"I belong to Espanyol".
"I do not talk about me". I am the coach and will continue to be until the end of the season.
Stoke City remain keen on appointing Martin O'Neill as their new manager and are making a concerted attempt to persuade him to leave the Republic of Ireland are four years in worldwide football. It's a day for Espanyol, for the club, for the players, it's a day to celebrate for having qualified for the quarters.
The 52-year-old Spaniard then took charge at Espanyol in the summer of 2016, on a three-year deal, and they finished eighth in LaLiga last term. "They will be a lucky manager".
- NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) May Be in Trouble as Bernstein Downgrades Shares
- Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (AEIS) Stake Reduced by Two Sigma Advisers LP
- Kvyat added to Ferrari team
- Thousands to escape hanging for new drug law in Iran
- Analysts Recommendations Pandora Media, Inc. (P)
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 8: Carl's presence will be 'critical'
- Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ:ULTA) Raised to Buy at Buckingham Research
- Funeral services today for sisters murdered Christmas Day in Oak Bay
- Citizens Financial Group (NYSE:CFG) Upgraded to "Outperform" by BMO Capital Markets
- Jo Johnson attacks sacked May aide Nick Timothy over Justine Greening resignation