England all-rounder Ben Stokes, who is still out of the national side as he awaits disciplinary or legal charges for the Bristol incident in September, has listed his base price at INR 2 crore.
The England Test captain will be among 282 worldwide players who have signed up for the IPL auction.
Among the 1122 players, 281 are capped players while 838 are uncappped, including 778 uncapped Indian players.
They will be vying to join AB de Villiers who was retained by his franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chris Morris who stays in Delhi with the Daredevils. This is the first time that Root has entered his name for the acutions as before this, Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen, Jason Roy, Sam Billings and Stokes were the only English cricketers to play IPL. The two pacers are among the most feared in the world and this would be a good chance for the franchises to add them to their squads. There are 58 Australians who have registered themselves.
According to a press release, "Dwayne Bravo, Carlos Brathwaite, Evin Lewis and Jason Holder will add the Caribbean flavour to the league".
Sri Lanka and New Zealand also have players in the auctions.
Lasith Malinga, whose form has taken a considerable dip in the a year ago or so, too will be part of the auction apart from his Sri Lanka mates Angelo Mathews and Niroshan Dickwella.
Among those vying for places in cricket's richest T20 League are Proteas superstars Hashim Amla, David Miller, Quinton de Kock and Kagiso Rabada.
The VIVO IPL has always been about the union of talent and opportunity and India U19 captain Prithvi Shaw, Baroda skipper Deepak Hooda, all-rounder Krunal Pandya and Basil Thampi will fill up the uncapped players' slot. Sri Lanka and West Indies have 39 representatives in the auction while New Zealand and England have 30 and 20 respectively.
The timing of the Big Bash League means that Australian players are especially well positioned to leave an impression ahead of the auction with names like Glenn Maxwell and Shane Watson being considered alongside more left-field selections like D'Arcy Short. Afghanistan will have 13 players, Bangladesh eight, Zimbabwe seven, United States of America two and Scotland one.
- CommScope Holding Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:COMM) Earnings Growth & Valuation in Focus
- Stocks Movement Analysis: Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A), Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS)
- Da Trump ultimatum alla UE: rivedere subito l'accordo con l'Iran
- AMBER Alert issued for DET infant taken from home by father
- (HUN) Stake Decreased by Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc
- CT man to plead guilty in 'Celebgate' hacking case
- The Majority of Analysts Are Still Downbeat on General Mills, Inc. (GIS)
- Update on water rescue at Lake Wakatipu
- Baxter International (BAX) Upgraded at Raymond James Financial
- Technicator Indicators at a glance for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVVF)