Based on French graphic novel Le Transperceniege, Bong Joon-ho's English-language Korean sci-fi movie Snowpiercer emerged in 2013 and, despite major difficulties securing a U.S. release, hurtled to critical acclaim and commercial success. "Snowpiercer will explore those relevant issues while embarking on a wild, action-filled ride". It seems nearly too appropriate that, this year of all years, TNT has just put in a series order for a TV show based on the film.
Snowpiercer, whose pilot was written by Josh Friedman and directed by Doctor Strange helmer Scott Derrickson, is set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, It centers on the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a very big, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe.
Connelly plays a First Class passenger on board the train who serves as its Voice, which makes PA announcements throughout the day to all inhabitants.
Are you excited to hear about Snowpiercer finally making progress as a TV show?
With the show set seven years after the ice age begins, it seems like the series will be a prequel to the movie.
TNT has had great success with their adaptation of the novel that The Last Ship is based on. However, since it's a TV series, a major portion of the show might revolve around the mechanics of the train and fleshing out the societal norms that governs it. As Derrickson is adept in the horror genre (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Sinister, Deliver Us from Evil), viewers can expect him to cook up some realistic scares.
Tomorrow Studios' Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements executive producer, along with the original film's Bong Joon Ho, Park Chan-wook, Lee Tae-hun and Dooho Choi. It's dovetailing off the successful Snowpiercer movie from 2013.
SyFyWire says that the show is "taking the universe" from the film, so it seems that, while the general premise and conflicts are the same, these will not be the same characters we came to know in the film.
- Analysts Recommendations Pandora Media, Inc. (P)
- FM stresses need to maintain providing UNRWA services
- Winners of the Golden Globe Awards 2018
- John Lewis Christmas sales exceed £1bn but profit margin shrinks
- Myanmar: Soldiers, villagers killed Rohingya in mass grave
- Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ:ULTA) Raised to Buy at Buckingham Research
- Thousands to escape hanging for new drug law in Iran
- Kvyat added to Ferrari team
- GTR franchise: Too few drivers at troubled train firm
- Jo Johnson attacks sacked May aide Nick Timothy over Justine Greening resignation