Yes, of course an Echo Dot is still way, way cheaper, but Vuzix's Blade demonstrates that Amazon Alexa has the potential to turn into something far more than a tech curio that gathers dust somewhere in your living room.
We're interested to see how the two voice assistants will partner up later this year. This latest move by Amazon seems more like an attempt to challenge Cortana, rather than work with it, unless it proves to be the first chapter in showing how Alexa and Cortana will be mutual supportive.
Many Windows PCs going on sale this year will make use of Intel's Smart Sound processor, which is created to manage voice commands and high-fidelity audio for clearer feedback.
Over the weekend, Bloomberg learned that Rochester, New York-based company Vuzix is unveiling its Alexa-enabled smart glasses at the largest consumer technology trade show this week. Now, the news is already official and sources are saying that Amazon Alexa is now going to make it's debuted on Windows 10 PCs and will sit alongside Microsoft's preloaded Cortana assistant.
According to a variety of reports coming out of CES 2018, Vuzix is adding Alexa into its Blade smart glasses which have been officially revealed at the gadget show and are apparently due to hit the market in the second quarter of this year for a cool $1,000. Vuzix CEO Paul Travers says that the price will be reduced to $500 by 2019.
360i used proprietary software to quiz Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa on their ability to respond to the same set of queries across four categories: 5,000 in travel, 5,000 in retail, 3,000 in finance, and 3,000 in automotive. In October, Sonos unveiled a smart speaker with Alexa's system for controlling music playback.
- Revenue Estimates Analysis Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) Director Purchases 1125 Shares of Stock
- MA Trims Holdings in Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ:WBA) Shares Bought by Ameriprise Financial Inc
- Donald Trump should apologize for remarks: African UN states
- Bring on Tennessee! Patriots to host Titans in AFC Divisional matchup
- Padmaavat: Karni Sena members held while protesting outside CBFC office
- Analysts Alert: Barnes & Noble (BKS)
- Drake Stoops announces plans to join Sooners as preferred walk-on
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc. Q4 Earnings Advance 106%