President Donald Trump suggested in the Oval Office that a "pretty Korean" analyst's ethnicity should qualify her for negotiating with North Korea on behalf of the United States, NBC News reported Friday.
The analyst was meeting Trump for the first time to brief him on the upcoming release of a family that had been held in Pakistan.
Trump asked the elected officials if they knew just one member of his incoming cabinet - Ben Carson - according to two people in the room. "Where are you from", he asked, two anonymous officials told NBC News.
The NBC report said the analyst said her parents were Korean, leading Trump to ask an adviser why the "pretty Korean lady" was not involved in negotiations with nuclear-armed North Korea.
President Donald Trump, who recently drew the ire of not only Americans but was slammed internationally after calling nations from Africa, as well as Latin American nations like Haiti and El Salvador, "shithole countries", had earlier made a racist and sexist remark to a USA intelligence agent at the White House.
Not everyone who was in the meeting has confirmed that Trump said the remarks., R-Ark., and David Perdue, R-Ga. said in a joint statement they "do not recall" Trump saying that. would not confirm the remarks either, but noted that he spoke up during the meeting when Trump said whatever he said.
According to NBC, the officials who discussed the "pretty Korean lady" remark "said the president likely meant no harm with his inquiry, but it raised concern of a lack of cultural sensitivity and decorum".
The analyst said she was from NY, and when Trump was unsatisfied, elaborated that she was from Manhattan, which is also his hometown.
In a tweet, Trump said: "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used".
The NBC News article also offers two more examples of Trump's racist thinking.
- Baker Mayfield catches touchdown pass on trick play during Rose Bowl
- (HUN) Stake Decreased by Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc
- Blunderwoman star Bella Emberg dies at age 80
- Valero Energy Partners (VLP) Coverage Initiated by Analysts at Credit Suisse Group
- Governor Promises Changes At Quincy Vets Home
- Da Trump ultimatum alla UE: rivedere subito l'accordo con l'Iran
- KCS Wealth Advisory Acquires Shares of 10001 Ctrip.Com International Ltd (CTRP)
- CommScope Holding Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:COMM) Earnings Growth & Valuation in Focus
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Technical Fundamentals and Valuation
- Root, Gayle, Stokes among star attractions in IPL auction