The University of Ibadan on Wednesday said it recommended 3, 783 candidates to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for admission for the 2017/2018 academic session.
He said: "For a start, our first attempt to conduct the Mock Examination on 8 April, 2017 failed due to Mobile Service Providers' network and other challenges".
JAMB boss said it had been envisaged that a heavy concentration in the purchase of the registration form would be in the last one week to closing date, stressing that in view of that, the mock examination would be held in the first week of February across the country.
Oloyede, who spoke at the meeting with a theme: "Strategic Planning on the Conduct of the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation", said: "We are unable to access our CBT centres because a lot of them are in the universities and non-teaching staff are on strike".
The DVC, who noted that a total of 26, 769 candidates who scored 200 and above sat for the Post-UTME of the university, added that out of the number, only 9,268 scored 50 per cent and above.
Professor Oloyede said only 283,319 candidates had registered for the examination.
He warned candidates against the usage of prohibited items during the examination exercises.
"No candidates, examiners, invigilators will be allowed to enter the examination hall with wrist watches, pencils except HB pencils ...and cameras" he said.
The registrar who said examination officers were also affected by the new development, disclosed that JAMB had uncovered new ways of cheating in examination and discovered that sophisticated wristwatches were parts of the gadgets used to perpetrate the malpractice.
"There are 42 institutions queried by the minister for charging more than N2,000 for the post-UTME".
"Candidates are reporting back to us". Hence, the minister has put his feet down that all excess charges should be refunded.
According to him, the figures being paraded as qualified candidates to write its examination was not true.
- Trump found to be in 'excellent health' after his 1st physical
- First ever women-only vehicle showroom opens in Saudi Arabia
- Stock'S Earning Overview Energous Corporation (WATT)
- Knight-Swift Transportation (KNX) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Report Finds
- $0.66 EPS Expected for Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD)
- Apple nabs murder mystery series starring Octavia Spencer
- Infinera Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (INFN)
- Hawaii Says No Missile Threat After Emergency Alert Mistakenly Sent
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG)
- Royal Bank of Canada Downgrades Signet Jewelers (SIG) to Sector Perform