"Rob Gronkowski records a PSA to warn people not to eat laundry detergent" is a sentence I never thought I would write, but it's 2018 and seemingly any outrageous thing is possible now so here we are.
Regarding the challenge, Procter and Gamble issued the statement: "Our laundry packs are a highly concentrated detergent meant to clean clothes and they're used safely in millions of households every day".
Eight deaths as a result of eating detergent pods were reported from 2012 to early 2017 in the USA, involving six adults suffering from dementia and two children.
"On Friday evening, Tide's Twitter account posted a video featuring Gronkowski that included the capiton "'DO NOT EAT.' - GRONK". These are people who are going out and actively going to look for them to ingest them.
The internet has exploded with the highly risky "Tide Pod challenge", in which teens are supposed to stuff their mouth with detergent powder and even use it for cooking.
The Tide Pod Challenge has become a trendy topic on social media, with young people posting videos of themselves eating the detergent and even sharing recipes.
The so-called "challenge" of eating the pods started in 2016, but the ridiculous trend has recently experienced a resurgence thanks to a series of memes depicting the pods as "forbidden fruit". The National Capital Poison Center warns that eating detergent pods can cause "serious injury or even death".
- Simple Moving Averages under Review: Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE: BEN)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE), HCA Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:HCA)
- Test our resolve if you desire, Khawaja Asif to Indian army chief
- De Minaur Australia's new tennis hero
- Two Stable Stocks: Akers Biosciences Inc. (AKER), Teekay Tankers Ltd. (TNK)
- 5 ice fishermen rescued from Lake Erie ice floe
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL) Plans Quarterly Dividend of $0.06
- Another nail in Virgin America's coffin as Alaska Airlines gets FAA signoff
- Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension
- Westpac Banking Corp Sells 3321 Shares of AbbVie Inc (ABBV)