Although Bannon left the White House in August, the recent release of Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, a scathing account of the current administration, revealed several inflammatory defamatory quotes from Bannon directed at Trump and Trump's immediate family members. And he has lost his job as executive chairman at Breitbart News, the right-wing news site he had returned to running after leaving the White House. "Sources also said Bannon plans to "fully cooperate" with investigators".
Breitbart said Bannon and the company will "work together on a smooth and orderly transition", but provided no other immediate details. Bannon did not apologize for his criticism of the president's daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, with whom he had squabbled inside the West Wing.
Bannon had previously insisted that he did not need a lawyer because he had not been drawn into the multiple investigations into whether Trump's team coordinated with Russian Federation during the 2016 campaign.
Then Mr Bannon placed a bad bet on Mr Roy Moore in the Senate race in Alabama, denting the perception that he could influence or even read a red-state electorate.
Trump claimed that his ex-chief strategist "betrayed" him when he told author Michael Wolff that his son, Donald Trump Jr., was "unpatriotic" and "treasonous" for hosting a campaign meeting attended by several Russian operatives promising "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
He quickly presided over the brand of economic populism promoted by Trump and was hired as chief strategist for the White House.
"Bannon and others who "know too much" can be risky to a president with a few too many secrets", she wrote. Mercer and her father, hedge-fund billionaire Robert Mercer, own a minority share of Breitbart.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders last Thursday said Breitbart should "look at and consider" cutting ties with Mr Bannon. He now has no evident platform for promoting his views and no major financial backer for his preferred candidates.
- Here's How Some Places Trump Called "Shitholes" Are Reacting To His Comments
- West Brom vs Brighton 13 January 2018: EPL Preview and Predictions
- Will Antonio Brown play on Sunday?
- Brixmor Property Group Inc. (BRX) Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.28
- Kareena Kapoor's 'Veere Di Wedding' postponed, to now release on June 1
- Spartak Moscow under fire for "chocolate" tweet
- Armor Investment Advisors LLC Invests $576000 in Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS)
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Releases FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Linscomb & Williams Inc. Trims Position in Exxon Mobil Co. (XOM)
- Meeting Messi gave new Barcelona signing Mina goosebumps