On Saturday, three girls died and some other injured following a fire broke out at a Rashtriya Shivir being held at Vedic Ashram in Rajkot's Pransla village. Pandey told The Sunday Express that the primary investigation suggests that the incident occurred due to short circuit.
The camp was being organised by spiritual leader Swami Dharmabandhuji. The fire was reported following 11 pm on Friday in a section of tent allotted to the girls, as per the police.
Dharmabandhuji, who has been conducting the shibir for the past 20 years, said he was pained by the tragedy, which happened on the last day of the 10-day event. "An inquiry has been initiated", District Collector Vikrant Pandey said. "We can't say for sure what caused the fire". The event was attended by more than 15 thousand girl students.
It is to be mentioned that Home Minister Rajnath Singh also did attend the event two days before and actor Mukesh Khanna (Shaktiman fame) was also present at the Shibir the night it caught fire. All the injured were rushed to a nearby hospital in Rajkot in a critical state. But they said there was nothing to worry.
- Death toll from California mudslides climbs to 18
- Brian Schottenheimer Reportedly Will Be Named Seahawks Offensive Coordinator
- Cold weather conditions continue in Punjab, Haryana
- Analyst Opinion Summary: Edison International (EIX), Thor Industries, Inc. (THO)
- Insider Activity for Investors: Owens-Illinois, Inc. (OI)
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to go to Paris Hilton's wedding
- Number of flu cases remains high in St. Louis County
- Anheuser Busch Inbev (NYSE:BUD) Getting Somewhat Positive Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Olimpiade: accordo fra Corea del Nord e Corea del Sud
- Germany's growth in 2017 hit its strongest in six years