Goals by Callum Wilson and Jordan Ibe earned Bournemouth their first ever win over Arsenal and a valuable three points after the Cherries fought back to win 2-1 at the Vitality Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Missing from the squad altogether is forward Alexis Sanchez, who did not traveled with Arsenal for the game.
The goal was Ibe's first for the club in 18 months.
An Arsenal defence including Mustafi, Rob Holding and Calum Chambers did well against Chelsea in midweek but they always had the potential to look shaky and they did at times against Bournemouth.
There was a much clearer claim for a spot-kick moments later in the Arsenal area when Alex Iwobi handled Ibe's free-kick but referee Kevin Friend decided the contact was unintentional. Iwobi slotted an excellent pass inside left-back Charlie Daniels, allowing Bellerin to advance on Begovic before beating the keeper with a powerful angled shot.
Bournemouth erased a two goal deficit in the span of five minutes as Arsenal's slide down the table continues.
However, Callum Wilson equalized for the home side in the 70th minute, whipping in a delicious ball as he nudged a shot past a helpless Petr Cech.
Four minutes later the hosts found themselves in front.
Bournemouth make three changes to the side that drew 2-2 with Brighton last time out in the Premier League, with Pugh, Afobe and Arter dropping to the bench.
For Arsenal, their season is falling away without a trace.
Arsenal's title hopes had effectively been over in 2017 but their latest loss seems to have sounded the death knell for their top-four hopes as the sixth-placed Gunners trail fourth-ranked Liverpool by five points.
- BSNL outs revamped plans with 50% more data
- Live Nation Settles Suit With Ticketing Start-Up, Buying Its Assets
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD) Earns "Buy" Rating from Barclays
- Health officials: 15 deaths, 'high level' of hospitalizations reported from flu
- Don Bosco Prep grad to be named general manager of Houston Texans
- IShares Yield Optimized Bond (BYLD) Declines 0.08% for Jan 12
- Conte: "Io via dal Chelsea? Tutto può succedere"
- Intrexon (XON) Receives Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15
- (GHL) Rating Increased to Hold at ValuEngine
- Chile government guarantees Pope's safety despite church attacks