Multiple reports and one Democratic senator have claimed Trump used the word.
To make his argument, Perdue alleged that Durbin - who insisted Trump "said these hate-filled things" - has a history of inventing such quotes, referring to a case in 2013 when Durbin claimed that a House Republican leader said to President Obama, "I can not even stand to look at you". Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and David Perdue, R-Ga., in the statement.
In a joint statement this afternoon, Sens.
"We do not recall the president saying those comments specifically, but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest". Dick Durbin, a Democrat, said of the meeting at the White House.
It is only Cotton and Perdue who are now publicly claiming to be unable to "recall" what would seem to be very memorable comments in a meeting they both attended just yesterday.
"What we have going on here right now is a gross misrepresentation", he repeatedly told George Stephanopoulos on ABC's This Week.
Finally, by Friday morning, Trump appeared to conclude that the comments were politically inconvenient for him, and hazily denied them. It is not true.
Sen. Tim Scott, a Republican from SC, told the Post and Courier that Sen.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Friday that during the meeting he challenged Trump. In addition, the president has denied the specific remarks, but added that he did use "tough" language.
Perdue said, "The gross misrepresentation was that language was used in there that was not used and also that the tone of that meeting was not contributory and not constructive". "What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!"
- Chile government guarantees Pope's safety despite church attacks
- Yuki Bhambri downs Canada's Peter Polansky to qualify for Australian Open
- Death Toll Rises in Iran as Anti-Government Protests Continue
- Intrexon (XON) Receives Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15
- Arabs seek recognition for Palestinian capital in east Jerusalem: Jordan
- Vulgar slur used by president projected onto Trump Hotel in Washington DC
- Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE:PG) Position Reduced by Leisure Capital Management
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) Stock Rating Lowered by DA Davidson