Electing to bat, Nepal could muster only 156 in 37.5 overs for the loss of nine wickets as India dished out a fine bowling and fielding effort.
Batting first, Sri Lanka scored a mammoth 494-4 in their allotted 40 overs and packed Nepal for 154 runs in 33.4 overs.
India will now take on Bangladesh in the semis on January 17. The Indian bowlers executed their plans very well as they restricted the opposition team to that score. In reply, India comfortably chased down the target in 34.5 overs as Haryana's Deepak Malik top-scored with an unbeaten 79 off 71 balls. Reddy was also declared the Man of the Match for superb his all-round performance. It will not be wrong to say that, this victory was due to the incredible and outstanding application of the Indian openers.
- Peterhansel crashes, Sainz grabs lead
- Death Toll Rises in Iran as Anti-Government Protests Continue
- Vikings activate QB Bradford off injured reserve
- Charles Dutoit steps down early at Royal Philharmonic
- Sentiment Report: South Carolina Electric & Gas Co (NYSE:SCG)
- (GHL) Rating Increased to Hold at ValuEngine
- Don Bosco Prep grad to be named general manager of Houston Texans
- Verint Systems (VRNT) Updates FY19 Earnings Guidance
- Man, woman charged in murder of Pierce County Sheriff deputy
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) Stock Rating Lowered by DA Davidson