Electing to bat, Nepal could muster only 156 in 37.5 overs for the loss of nine wickets as India dished out a fine bowling and fielding effort.
Batting first, Sri Lanka scored a mammoth 494-4 in their allotted 40 overs and packed Nepal for 154 runs in 33.4 overs.
India will now take on Bangladesh in the semis on January 17. The Indian bowlers executed their plans very well as they restricted the opposition team to that score. In reply, India comfortably chased down the target in 34.5 overs as Haryana's Deepak Malik top-scored with an unbeaten 79 off 71 balls. Reddy was also declared the Man of the Match for superb his all-round performance. It will not be wrong to say that, this victory was due to the incredible and outstanding application of the Indian openers.
- Conte: "Io via dal Chelsea? Tutto può succedere"
- Live Nation Settles Suit With Ticketing Start-Up, Buying Its Assets
- Death Toll Rises in Iran as Anti-Government Protests Continue
- What Ewan McGregor's wife had to say about that Golden Globes speech
- BSNL outs revamped plans with 50% more data
- Peterhansel crashes, Sainz grabs lead
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) Stock Rating Lowered by DA Davidson
- Vulgar slur used by president projected onto Trump Hotel in Washington DC
- Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ:QVCA) Director Sells 3765 Shares of Stock
- Arabs seek recognition for Palestinian capital in east Jerusalem: Jordan