Authorities have identified a body found in a auto as Professor Dr Hasan Zafar Arif from Karachi's outlying Ibrahim Hyderi area, ARY News reported on Sunday.
"The body of Hassan Zafar Arif, son of Maqbool Hassan, 70-72-years-old, was found from vehicle number ANC-016, Lancer silver at Ilyas goth", station house officer at Ibrahim Hyderi police station confirmed.
Dr. Semi Jamali has confirmed that hospital has received Dr. Hassan Zafar Arif dead body, however cause of death would be determined after the postmortem report, she added.
According to preliminary details, the body, under mysterious conditions, was recovered from a auto near Ilyas Goth which was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical College for autopsy. They said that investigation from Hassan's relatives has also been launched.
Dr Hasan Zafar Arif was the professor of philosophy and has taught in a number of universities in Karachi.
In October 2016, Sindh Rangers took Arif and another MQM-London leader into custody from outside the Karachi Press Club before they could address a press conference.
Following the August 22's incendiary speech of London-based MQM founder when the party split up into two factions, Dr Arif was among very few personalities to come forward as supporter of London based MQM. Professor Hassan had joined the MQM London which is still headed by Altaf Hussain.
Dr Zafar was reported missing on Saturday over eight months after he was released on bail by a court in Karachi in MQM founder s anti-Pakistan speech case.
- Mourinho offer no assurances over Mkhitaryan future
- GoPro (GPRO) Downgraded by Longbow Research to "Neutral"
- Analysts See $0.45 EPS for Banco Santander-Chile (BSAC)
- Robert W. Baird Reaffirms Hold Rating for Acuity Brands (AYI)
- Tristate Capital (TSC) Stock Rating Upgraded by BidaskClub
- Bullish Two Hundred Day Moving Average Cross - ARI
- Wahlberg donates $1.5 million in Williams' name
- Two Stocks in Concentration: Under Armour, Inc. (UA), Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (CYTX)
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE:MKC) Position Increased by Neuberger Berman Group LLC
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BKD), Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCMP)