He slammed the cricket body and termed it "illegal" and has chose to take a legal action against some of the officials of the HCA, including ad-hoc committee chairman Prakash Jain, for denying him a chance to contest in the HCA election held previous year.
Azharuddin also questioned the reason for convening the SGM.
"I also make it clear that I have no animosity against any individual including the HCA president". The former Indian cricketer while mentioning that everything was being done in an illegal manner by the ruling group, Azharuddin said, "I reiterate that from day one everything was done in an illegal manner by the ruling group".
Azharuddin wrote a letter to BCCI on the issue.
Azha displayed a letter from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) which said that he was eligible to hold a position in the ICC, the BCCI, or its affiliated associations.
Earlier, in January 2017, he was disqualified from contesting for the post of HCA president after his nomination papers were not accepted by officers as they were uncertain over whether Azharuddin's life ban had been lifted or not. I have been felicitated. "I have been felicitated by the BCCI even when I was serving the ban in 2005 by Sharad Pawar (former BCCI Chief)", he said. "They kept saying that I have not registered".
"Next course of action is, I have written to the BCCI".
"I think CoA chief Vinod Rai is out of the country. Only when I spoke to the respected ombudsman and persistent appeals by Shivlal (Yadav) and Raju (Venkatapathi), Azhar was allowed to attend it", he said. "By their actions, they have brought disrepute to the HCA itself", he alleged.
Speaking to the media, Azharuddin said, "I want to clarify a lot of things which were said about me by the so-called Hyderabad "illegal" Committee". "When he comes back, I will definitely meet him", he said. "Because, once you adopt the Lodha recommendation, the Supreme Court order, everybody has to demit office and have a fresh election according to the norms of the Supreme Court order and the Lodha recommendations which is very imperative".
Releasing a copy of the memorandum submitted to the ombudsman, Mr. Rao reiterated that Dr. Vivekanand holding the president's post results in conflict of interest in the wake of Justice Lodha panel recommendations to the BCCI.
"They have to call for a fresh election".
- Which Insider bought 5000 Shares Of Radian Group Inc. (RDN)?
- Analyst Stock Recommendations For Cimarex Energy Co. (XEC), Omnicom Group Inc. (OMC)
- Australian Open: Maria Sharapova parading the trophy sends wrong message to dopers
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stake Boosted by Patriot Financial Group Insurance Agency LLC
- Two people charged in death of Pierce County deputy
- Frozen Alligators Thaw Out in NC
- American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AXL) receives consensus rating of 2.80
- Rose McGowan Targets 'A--hole' James Franco After Critics' Choice Awards Win
- 2nd Test: SA 269/6 at stumps on Day 1
- Kentucky triple murder suspect caught in Pinellas