The fourth-year Jazz guard was fined $35,000 for smacking the phone out of a fan's hand after being ejected for two technical fouls against the Washington Wizards.
Such a moment is rare for Hood, who only has been assessed five technical fouls in his career. He knocked the phone out of a fan's hand while walking past the man who was sitting courtside and looked to be recording Hood exiting the court.
The Jazz shooting guard was ejected towards the end of the third quarter during Utah's 107-104 victory over the Washington Wizards, but it's what happened after he was tossed that cost him the $35k. Hood exited, but not before accounting for seven points, six boards and a pair of assists across 15 minutes.
Hood isn't the first National Basketball Association player to be fined for fan incidents this season, as DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, Austin Rivers and Josh Jackson have each been fined as well. His 16.5 points per game is second on the team, only to rookie standout Donovan Mitchell. The Jazz are now slotted at the bottom of the division with a 17-24.
- Intrexon (XON) Receives Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15
- Vikings activate QB Bradford off injured reserve
- BSNL outs revamped plans with 50% more data
- Chelsea Manning files for US Senate run in Maryland
- Live Nation Settles Suit With Ticketing Start-Up, Buying Its Assets
- Death Toll Rises in Iran as Anti-Government Protests Continue
- Gold Up on Report China May Slow US Treasury Buys
- Vulgar slur used by president projected onto Trump Hotel in Washington DC
- Don Bosco Prep grad to be named general manager of Houston Texans
- Arabs seek recognition for Palestinian capital in east Jerusalem: Jordan