Almost an hour later, officers discovered the kids' mother near a highway bridge where she had jumped to her death.
Officers with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department responded on Saturday night to a home on Sebastiani Drive around 6 p.m.
Officials say the mother killed her 3-year-old-daughter and 7-year-old son, then killed herself by jumping off of I-485.
The children were both transported to Carolinas Medical Center where they were pronounced dead by hospital staff.
A mother killed her two children, then herself in a double murder-suicide Saturday in northwest Charlotte, police say.
Police are requesting the public's help in identifying a man they said is responsible for an armed robbery at a Dollar General store in Charlotte.
At this time, we do not know how the children died.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
Two weeks into the new year, this marks the city's second and third homicide.
- Sanchez left out of Arsenal squad
- Dark Souls Coming to Nintendo Switch This May
- Yonkers teen suspected in New Rochelle fatal stabbing has surrendered
- Arsenal omits Sanchez amid interest from Manchester clubs
- Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ:QVCA) Director Sells 3765 Shares of Stock
- India beats Pakistan by 7 wickets in the Blind Cricket World Cup
- Yuki Bhambri downs Canada's Peter Polansky to qualify for Australian Open
- Conte: "Io via dal Chelsea? Tutto può succedere"
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD) Earns "Buy" Rating from Barclays
- Authorities: Number of missing in mudslide now 5