Almost an hour later, officers discovered the kids' mother near a highway bridge where she had jumped to her death.
Officers with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department responded on Saturday night to a home on Sebastiani Drive around 6 p.m.
Officials say the mother killed her 3-year-old-daughter and 7-year-old son, then killed herself by jumping off of I-485.
The children were both transported to Carolinas Medical Center where they were pronounced dead by hospital staff.
A mother killed her two children, then herself in a double murder-suicide Saturday in northwest Charlotte, police say.
Police are requesting the public's help in identifying a man they said is responsible for an armed robbery at a Dollar General store in Charlotte.
At this time, we do not know how the children died.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
Two weeks into the new year, this marks the city's second and third homicide.
- Dark Souls Coming to Nintendo Switch This May
- Arsenal omits Sanchez amid interest from Manchester clubs
- Cotton, Perdue Don't Recall Trump Remarks About Haiti, Africa
- Michael Kors Holdings LTD's (NYSE:KORS) Sentiment is 0.94
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Shares Bought by CGOV Asset Management
- National Basketball Association fines Rodney Hood $35000 for slapping phone from fan's hand
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD) Earns "Buy" Rating from Barclays
- Arsene Wenger slams "very frustrating" Arsenal defeat at Bournemouth
- England To Play Nigeria And Costa Rica Ahead Of World Cup
- Intrexon (XON) Receives Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15