The Russian Ministry of Defense usually releases a video on New Year's to show off their deadly weapons.
The incident took place on December 31, when the "Russian Mi-24 helicopter crashed while making a hard landing" 15 km from Hama airfield, the ministry said in a statement.
The flight engineer on board was injured in the accident and urgently evacuated by a search and rescue team to the Hmeimim airfield, where he was provided with medical aid.
"There is no fire exposure for the Mi-24 was not", - noted in the defense Ministry.
Citing the website Forumavia.ru, the independent researchers provided the full name of one of the crew members - Major Artyom Kulish - and identified the second by his last name Matveyev. Also according to the group the area controlled by opposition forces and is included in one of the zones of de-escalation.
The clip - titled "Loyal Friends" - was posted on the Russian Ministry of Defence's YouTube channel, to celebrate the New Year.
- Conte: "Io via dal Chelsea? Tutto può succedere"
- Iranian Officials Confirm 25 Dead in Protests
- Peterhansel crashes, Sainz grabs lead
- BSNL outs revamped plans with 50% more data
- National Basketball Association fines Rodney Hood $35000 for slapping phone from fan's hand
- American International Group Inc. Has $14302000 Stake in AO Smith Corp. (AOS)
- Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ:QVCA) Director Sells 3765 Shares of Stock
- Fight Labour online, Tory chairman Brandon Lewis says
- Chelsea exit will give Eden Hazard platform to become the best - Puel
- Authorities: Number of missing in mudslide now 5