The Russian Ministry of Defense usually releases a video on New Year's to show off their deadly weapons.
The incident took place on December 31, when the "Russian Mi-24 helicopter crashed while making a hard landing" 15 km from Hama airfield, the ministry said in a statement.
The flight engineer on board was injured in the accident and urgently evacuated by a search and rescue team to the Hmeimim airfield, where he was provided with medical aid.
"There is no fire exposure for the Mi-24 was not", - noted in the defense Ministry.
Citing the website Forumavia.ru, the independent researchers provided the full name of one of the crew members - Major Artyom Kulish - and identified the second by his last name Matveyev. Also according to the group the area controlled by opposition forces and is included in one of the zones of de-escalation.
The clip - titled "Loyal Friends" - was posted on the Russian Ministry of Defence's YouTube channel, to celebrate the New Year.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (NYSE:HPE) Sees Significant Decrease in Short Interest
- Sanchez left out of Arsenal squad
- National Basketball Association fines Rodney Hood $35000 for slapping phone from fan's hand
- 'Trump's lawyer Cohen paid hush money to porn actor'
- Health officials: 15 deaths, 'high level' of hospitalizations reported from flu
- Chile government guarantees Pope's safety despite church attacks
- Yuki Bhambri downs Canada's Peter Polansky to qualify for Australian Open
- Authorities: Number of missing in mudslide now 5
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Shares Bought by CGOV Asset Management
- India beats Pakistan by 7 wickets in the Blind Cricket World Cup