"They're taking teams out before they even get on to the pitch".
It is also understood Sanchez's agent wants £5m for his part in the deal, taking the overall tally to £40m - double what City are willing to pay. Gabriel Paulista and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain were both sold in the summer, Francis Coquelin left for Valencia this week, while Theo Walcott and Mathieu Debuchy could both be headed for the exit this month as well.
The breaking news, though, will focus some minds on what has been painted as the nightmare scenario.
It's still entirely possible that City will still sign Sanchez in January but at the moment at least, it looks like there's still some way to go before that happens. Speculation surrounding his future has undoubtedly affected his form, but the Chilean would still be a huge loss for the Gunners.
United boss Jose Mourinho said Sanchez is a "phenomenal player" on Friday. "I think if United were going to buy him, £25 million would be an absolute snip".
The dropped shoulders and sulky mood has not gone down well with the faithful of the club and why would it? City, United or Liverpool? Arsenal won't be competing with either at the top level any time soon. They are offering Arsenal £40 million including Henrikh Mkhitaryan. "But he is an Arsenal player".
"This could be a quick fall from grace and Arsenal could be the new Everton next season".
A reunion between Sanchez and his former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola at City has always been touted, with the Premier League leaders reported to have tabled a £20million for the Arsenal star, who is out of contract at the end of the season. It's a promising step, but no more than that.
"Is he (Sanchez) replaceable in the way that we find exactly the same player?" Guardiola, though, wants nothing to distract his players as they prepare for Sunday's Premier League visit to Liverpool, and continue their pursuit of four trophies.
So Mislintat and Sanllehi have walked into a nightmare scenario.
"We all know what he did at Arsenal, Barcelona and before that Udinese". Arsene Wenger has refused to discuss the reports linking his star player to United but stressed that he will only be allowed to leave if they bring in a player to fill his position.
- Vulgar slur used by president projected onto Trump Hotel in Washington DC
- Analysts See $0.73 EPS for Sonoco Products Company (SON)
- Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE:PG) Position Reduced by Leisure Capital Management
- Up to 43 people still missing after California mudslides; dead identified
- Health officials: 15 deaths, 'high level' of hospitalizations reported from flu
- Peterhansel crashes, Sainz grabs lead
- BSNL outs revamped plans with 50% more data
- Dgse Companies Inc (NYSEMKT:DGSE) Institutional Investors Quarterly Sentiment
- Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Earns Coverage Optimism Score of 0.10
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) Stock Rating Lowered by DA Davidson