"What does he have to say that I would be interested in?" she said.
Trump's comments, made during a private meeting with lawmakers in reference to immigrants from Haiti and some African countries, have prompted backlash from lawmakers and world leaders. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), who was there at the time, said he did. I've called him a racist, deplorable, despicable, adding to what others are calling him--a moron, ignorant, on and on and on. "Members of Congress have a responsibility to the American people and our democracy to impeach him".
Trump not only objected to immigrants from the so-called "shithole countries", according to the Washington Post, which originally reported the comments, but he also suggested the United States admit more immigrants from countries like Norway.
"I don't trust him, I don't appreciate him, and I wouldn't waste my time ... listening to what he has to say", she continued. "He does not deserve my attention".
"You can not speak the words of tolerance and peace and love ... and then put down a group of people, a nation of people because of the color of their skin or what part of the world they may come from", Lewis said.
"At this juncture I do not plan to attend the State of the Union", Lewis said. On Friday, she called for him to be removed from office over his comments.
Earlier this week, Trump signed one of Lewis' bills into law, declaring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthplace in Atlanta a national historic park.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) Rating Lowered to Sell at BidaskClub
- Murphy Oil (MUR) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Sell
- Rose McGowan Targets 'A--hole' James Franco After Critics' Choice Awards Win
- Court Documents Reveal New Details in Las Vegas Shooting
- Simona Halep Faces Wild Card in Australian Open First Round
- Supreme Court hears arguments over Ohio's voter registration law
- Kentucky triple murder suspect caught in Pinellas
- Canadian Natural Resource (CNQ) Earning Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Report Finds
- Supermodel Kendall Jenner talks about her 'debilitating' anxiety battle
- Aston Villa make loan bid for Man Utd defender Axel Tuanzebe