"What does he have to say that I would be interested in?" she said.
Trump's comments, made during a private meeting with lawmakers in reference to immigrants from Haiti and some African countries, have prompted backlash from lawmakers and world leaders. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), who was there at the time, said he did. I've called him a racist, deplorable, despicable, adding to what others are calling him--a moron, ignorant, on and on and on. "Members of Congress have a responsibility to the American people and our democracy to impeach him".
Trump not only objected to immigrants from the so-called "shithole countries", according to the Washington Post, which originally reported the comments, but he also suggested the United States admit more immigrants from countries like Norway.
"I don't trust him, I don't appreciate him, and I wouldn't waste my time ... listening to what he has to say", she continued. "He does not deserve my attention".
"You can not speak the words of tolerance and peace and love ... and then put down a group of people, a nation of people because of the color of their skin or what part of the world they may come from", Lewis said.
"At this juncture I do not plan to attend the State of the Union", Lewis said. On Friday, she called for him to be removed from office over his comments.
Earlier this week, Trump signed one of Lewis' bills into law, declaring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthplace in Atlanta a national historic park.
- Supermodel Kendall Jenner talks about her 'debilitating' anxiety battle
- Supreme Court hears arguments over Ohio's voter registration law
- Flotek Industries Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (NYSE:FTK)
- Canadian Natural Resource (CNQ) Earning Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Report Finds
- Nike (NKE) - Investment Analysts' Recent Ratings Updates
- Woman Struck By Brightline Train, Investigation Underway
- Tillerson to attend int'l foreign ministers meeting on North Korea in Canada
- El-Zakzaky's Health Remains Stable, DSS Insists
- Aston Villa make loan bid for Man Utd defender Axel Tuanzebe
- Tax bill passed, Republicans now have to sell it to the public