Steele authored a dossier that revealed several alarming issues about Trump, including his questionable business dealings within Russian Federation as well as an alleged incident involving the candidate previously hiring prostitutes to urinate on a bed once slept in by former President Barack Obama.
Simpson to the contrary notwithstanding, David Harsanyi's New York Post column observes that "The Trump dossier's credibility is collapsing".
For years, Trump promoted the lie that President Obama was not born in the United States, even going so far as to say he found proof for his claim. Trump's lawyers have previously stated their determination to cooperate with requests in the probe, which has already resulted in charges against four of Trump's campaign advisers.
A righteous act of revolutionary sisterhood by former San Francisco mayor and veteran U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein has dramatically shifted the balance on the battleground Russian-Trump collusion investigation.
"There was no collusion, everybody including the Dems knows there was no collusion, & yet on and on it goes", he tweeted.
Senator Grassley said Feinstein's leak could have a chilling effect on other witnesses, who now may be more reluctant to testify if they fear it will be leaked to the press.
In the page-turner called the Trump Presidency, few weeks have matched the most recent one. For instance, Feinstein - besides releasing the transcript of Simpson's interview with her committee's investigators - made a statement about the referral for criminal investigation, saying, "It's clearly another effort to deflect attention from what should be the committee's top priority: determining whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian Federation to influence the election and whether there was subsequent obstruction of justice". Chuck Grassley. She is the top Democrat on the panel.
"The American people deserve the opportunity to see what he said and judge for themselves", Feinstein said in a statement accompanying the release.
"The one thing I regret is that I didn't have a chance to talk to him before", she told TheDC, when asked about Grassley.
The interview revealed details of the cloak-and-dagger dance that was happening between USA intelligence community, law enforcement, and Mr. Steele.
Several Republican-led committees are now probing whether the document formed the basis for the FBI's initial investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential race.
"[Steele] said he was very concerned about whether this represented a national security threat", Simpson explained.
Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, objected to the release of the transcript, calling Feinstein's actions "confounding".
And yes, if there remains any justice in this land, not only Trump, but many high level Republicans in Congress, now exposed for their egregious and deliberate coverups and deflections of the evidence of massive Russian interference in the 2016 USA presidential election and of Trump's collusion with it, will be going to jail.
Trump has often invoked Feinstein on the collusion issue.
- President Trump continues to insist that no collusion took place between Russian Federation and his presidential campaign, and he also slammed Sen. Democrat Kevin de León, the outgoing president of the California senate, is challenging Feinstein - and claiming that Feinstein hasn't been aggressive enough in fighting the president and his agenda.
She also said she "had a bad cold" that may have "slowed down" her thinking.
- Electro Scientific Industries, Inc. (ESIO) Stock Price Up 5.2% on Earnings Beat
- Bullish Two Hundred Day Moving Average Cross - ARI
- Synovus Financial Corp. (SNV) Shares Sold by Capital City Trust Co. FL
- Wahlberg donates $1.5 million in Williams' name
- Deadly Mudslides Strike in Southern California
- Trump says U.S. could 'go back in' to Paris climate agreement
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BKD), Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCMP)
- Mourinho offer no assurances over Mkhitaryan future
- Police identify robbery suspect in officer-involved shooting on far east side
- Sells 592 Shares of Procter & Gamble Company (The) (PG)