The Minnesota Vikings announced they activated quarterback Sam Bradford from injured reserve Saturday ahead of Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game against the New Orleans Saints. Bradford returned in Chicago in Week 5 but was pulled before halftime after aggravating his injured left knee.
Corresponding with the move, the Vikings have released tight end Kyle Carter.
If this is true, it's possible that Bradford could suit up as the team's third-string option against New Orleans, but Minnesota has not had three quarterbacks active for a single game since Leslie Frazier was the team's coach in 2013.
Zimmer said this week that Bradford is working his way back in with the other quarterbacks but "has a ways to go still". But now the question is who will back Keenum up. In 15 games played, he posted career highs across the board with 3,547 yards with 22 touchdowns with just seven interceptions while holding a 98.3 quarterback rating.
The Star Tribune has reported that Bridgewater is expected to be the backup, though. Bradford, who had surgeries in 2013 and 2014 to fix a torn left ACL, had arthroscopic surgery November 7 on that knee and was placed on injured reserve the next day. He injured his left knee in that game, and was out until returning October 9 at Chicago. Keenum led three second-half scoring drives in relief of Bradford as the Vikings beat the Bears 20-17.
Then, in a run-of-the-mill training camp practice, Bridgewater dislocated his knee and tore his ACL.
"He's been doing great", Sloter said Friday. "Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, guys [STRIVR has worked with] in veteran systems, they were like, 'Man, I wish I had this when I was a rookie because it took me three years to get comfortable in the offense.' He's had less than one year to learn an entire offense and it's turned out really well". There's not anything noticeable there.
- Sismo de 7,6 frente a costas de Honduras desata alerta de tsunami
- Zacks Investment Research Lowers Nordic American Tanker (NAT) to Sell
- Verint Systems (VRNT) Updates FY19 Earnings Guidance
- Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Earns Coverage Optimism Score of 0.10
- Stalemate blues for Conte & Co
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp (CTSH) Insider Gajakarnan Vibushanan Kandiah Sells 3000 Shares
- CubeSmart (CUBE) Analysts See $0.41 EPS
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension
- Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE:PG) Position Reduced by Leisure Capital Management
- Capital One apologizes after customers report widespread double charges