But it appears the 20-year-old star is still coming out a victor, as she's reportedly set to sign a record deal under Simon's label, Syco.
Grace announced the news last night on her Twitter account, saying that she's super excited and working as hard as she can on her new album.
The twenty-year-old will join acts like Little Mix, Fifth Harmony, Labrinth and the Liam Payne on the label. She will also be signed alsongside Rak-Su, who pipped her to the post on The X Factor 2017.
He was so impressed by her self-penned song Roots at the audition that he called it "a number one hit".
Grace's entry to the hit talent show came after Cowell introduced a songwriting element to the X Factor format in an attempt to unearth new stars.
That's not to mention a certain One Direction, who only managed a third place finish way back in 2010.
An X Factor source said: "Grace's talent shone through on X Factor - not only as a singer but as an excellent songwriter in her own right".
A move to Syco means she's well-placed to do that and she's certainly in good company and in good hands with Mr X Factor himself, Simon Cowell. During her time on the show, Grace wowed with with her heartfelt offerings and we can not wait to hear more when she releases her debut album.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) Rating Lowered to Sell at BidaskClub
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) Shares Sold by California State Teachers Retirement System
- BCCI awaits match referee's report from controversial Karnataka vs Hyderabad T20 match
- El-Zakzaky's Health Remains Stable, DSS Insists
- Frozen Alligators Thaw Out in NC
- US Supreme Court to Review Bid to Collect Internet Sales Tax
- Del Potro powers into NZ tennis semis
- Analyst Stock Recommendations For Cimarex Energy Co. (XEC), Omnicom Group Inc. (OMC)
- Some members of Congress skipping the State of the Union address
- Starwood Property Trust, Inc. (STWD) Insider bought 11988 Shares