Police accuse Z'inah Brown, a 16-year-old from Yonkers, of stabbing New Rochelle's Valeree Schwab, also 16, in a fight near the school that rumbled through several fast food restaurants before culminating at Dunkin' Donuts.
She was rushed to Jacobi Hospital, where she later died.
The victim was 16-year-old junior Valaree Schwab, 16, of new Rochelle, according to New Rochelle Police Officer Mark McLeroy.
Z'inah Brown turned herself in after she was identified as the suspected killer..
She was charged with second-degree murder, and was due for arraignment later Thursday in New Rochelle City Court.
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (AP) A high school student has been arrested on murder charges in the fatal stabbing of another high school student at a Dunkin' Donuts in New Rochelle.
Shwab and Brown were in a fight starting at a McDonald's on North Avenue that continued for multiple blocks and ended at a Dunkin' Donuts on the same street around noon Wednesday, Schaller said. "All other information about the incident should come from the New Rochelle Police Department".
At one point, authorities say Schwab used pepper spray against Brown. They are believed to all be students at nearby New Rochelle High School, which is about a half mile away.
"Our hearts go out to all who have been touched by this tragic occurrence", said a statement from the New Rochelle school district. They are encouraging her to surrender.
Grief counselors were present at the school Thursday for anyone who needs help following Schwab's death. Anyone with information is urged to contact the New Rochelle Police Department's General Investigations Unit at 914-654-2270.
- Authorities: Number of missing in mudslide now 5
- American International Group Inc. Has $14302000 Stake in AO Smith Corp. (AOS)
- England To Play Nigeria And Costa Rica Ahead Of World Cup
- BSNL outs revamped plans with 50% more data
- Chelsea Manning files for US Senate run in Maryland
- Chile government guarantees Pope's safety despite church attacks
- Conte: "Io via dal Chelsea? Tutto può succedere"
- IShares Yield Optimized Bond (BYLD) Declines 0.08% for Jan 12
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (NYSE:HPE) Sees Significant Decrease in Short Interest
- Yuki Bhambri downs Canada's Peter Polansky to qualify for Australian Open