The former MI running back was one of 12 to be named to the 2018 United States Olympic bobsled team, it was announced Monday morning.
The two-man competition in Pyeongchang is February 18-19, and the four-man competition is February 24-25.
A native of Cypress, Texas, McGuffie played a bit of professional football after his collegiate career. McGuffie was one of 12 male athletes selected to the 2018 U.S. Olympic Men's Bobsled Team on Monday.
He was recruited by MI and then-head coach Lloyd Carr in 2008 out of Cy-Fair High School in Cypress, Texas, where his highlight videos drew millions of views on YouTube. He finished his career back home at Rice, where he gained 883 yards and scored six touchdowns. As an Owl, he played for three seasons and rushed for 1,057 yards and seven touchdowns, his senior season coming in 2012. The next year he played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the Canadian Football League. (KXAN Photo) PARK CITY, UT - SEPTEMBER 26: Bobsledder Justin Olsen poses for a portrait during the Team USA Media Summit ahead of the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games on September 26, 2017 in Park City, Utah.
Since 2015, McGuffie has been named to the US national bobsled team three times and won five World Cup medals.
- In Chile, pope met with protests, passion and skepticism
- Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC Grows Position in Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW)
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) Reaches Overbought Range
- Arnold Schwarzenegger stands with Eliza Dushku, says she's courageous
- MMORPG.com Videos - Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Gameplay
- High court rejects Texas Democrats' gerrymandering complaint
- China to step up crackdown on cryptocurrency trading
- The most popular Street Fighter character is… Sakura?
- WINTER WEATHER | Where and when will it hit?
- BJP says Congress trying to politicise internal issues of the judiciary