The pair sparked rumours they had Wednesday after they were pictured wearing what looked like wedding bands while out for lunch with friends.
The Thor actor, who is brother to Miley's fiancée Liam, has joked that he is keen for the Party in the United States of America star to put on a performance when they're all together.
However, Chris did not deny a wedding ceremony of sorts did in fact take place in the NSW coastal town.
'It's where they realised that they couldn't live without each other and made a decision to really give their relationship another go, ' the source reportedly went on to tell the publication. "It was a no-brainer that it'd be the place they tied the knot, if and when they chose to".
Supposedly, while vacationing in Byron Bay, Australia over the holidays, the couple that met on the set of 2010's The Last Song put a ring on it.
It's the second shot at a serious commitment for these two lovebirds, who were originally together for four years and engaged in 2012.
Hemsworth and Cyrus reconciled in January 2016 after ending their engagement in 2013. "I'm insisting consistently, 'When is the performance coming?' But nah, she's just a lot of fun". And changing with someone else not changing like that is too hard'. "I [love] u!" the star wrote.
The Wrecking Ball singer added: "Three years ago, if you'd asked me if I'd be here, this happy with this man, I'd have been stunned". The singer said in the May 13 issue of Billboard that she and Hemsworth had "to refall" for each other following their split.
- Bikram Yoga Called Into Question After Surprising Study Results
- Dogs found in Turpin 'torture home' to be raffled
- To North Korea, Trump's Nuclear Button Tweet Is 'Spasm Of A Lunatic'
- Monthly Amazon Prime memberships just got more expensive
- Opko Health Inc (NYSE:OPK): Positive Stock Sentiment
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) Stock Rating Lowered by BTIG Research
- New Android Wear app update brings darker background, improved notification glanceability
- Loftus-Cheek could be out for several months
- Are you sure? Ozil will stay in January - Wenger
- Trump sows confusion as Republicans scramble to avert shutdown