A gunman was on the loose after the shooting near the busy intersection of 31st Street and Broadway shortly after 4:30 p.m., according to police.
A 43-year-old man ended up with a gunshot wound to the shoulder, a 25-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the left arm, and a 29-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the back, police said.
New York Police Department say two suspects are being hunted after fleeing the scene. All three victims were taken to Bellevue Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
"I was passing by and I heard four shots", one man said.
"I don't know if we picked a bad hotel or what", said Florida tourist Nicole, who heard the shots from the roof of the Hyatt hotel across the street, where she is staying with her 9-year-old daughter. "[A victim]. fell in front of my door".
"He asked me to call 911", Raj said, adding the man kept saying: "I got shot, I got shot". The gunman opened fire, hitting the man he was arguing with and two other men who police believe were bystanders, one of them possibly a tourist. One person said they witnessed one person shot on the ground, NBC New York reported.
Video from the scene shows police taping off the area in front of the liquor store while emergency vehicles are parked up along the street.
- Fight at Stratford High School leads to 2 arrests
- Spain to seek ex-Catalan leader's arrest if he travels to Denmark
- Judd Trump powers through to make Masters semis - John Higgins also through
- US Oil Production Passes Saudi Arabia, Nearing Russia
- Porn star Olivia Lua dies aged 23
- China rebukes United States military for alleged close encounter in South China Sea
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Hundreds flee as lava rolls down slopes of Philippine volcano
- Minnesota Misery: Vikings dominated by Eagles in NFC Championship game
- People at Polk County mall evacuated after explosive device detonates