The Queensland actress, however, is a long shot for the SAG with Frances McDormand (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) and Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water) the favourites in the category and Judi Dench (Victoria & Abdul) and Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird) the other nominees.
Kidman added SAG's best female actor trophy to Emmy and Golden Globe awards for her portrayal of an abused wife. Over the last 24 years, roughly half of the winners of the ensemble prize have gone on to win best picture at the Oscars.
Robbie, who was nominated in the leading actress category for her performance as disgraced figure skater Tonya Harding in I, Tonya, chose a beaded cream gown with feathered detail around the waist. Both actors also triumphed at the Golden Globes.
As fans may remember, this is not the first SAG Award the man won. By contrast, this year's show was a relatively muted affair, with the bulk of the fire directed not at Washington but at the entertainment industry itself. The actor explained that there are a lot of things wrong with the film industry, one of the biggest factors being gender inequality. "We've proven -- and these actresses and so many more have proven -- we are potent and powerful and viable". "We can control our own destiny".
It won the best drama series with Sterling K. Brown winning the award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series.
The Screen Actors Guild Awards will make their mark on this year's Oscars race on Sunday, but it will be the treatment of women in Hollywood and beyond that will remain at the forefront. Its leading star Julia Louis-Dreyfus won the award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a comedy series, with William H Macy picking up the parallel award for his part in Shameless. "I wish I could have been @SAGawards tonight but have to admit it's pretty fun to watch in my pj's", she wrote on Twitter.
Brown was also the first black actor to win a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a TV Drama and was the first black actor in almost 20 years to win an Emmy for Best Actor in a Drama.
"Change is coming, and we are the agents of that change", she said.
The winners, by and large, made sure to at least reference the moment. "And our strength comes in our unity". This is a movement.
- Kendrick Lamar, SZA, ScHoolboy Q To Headline 'TDE: The Championship Tour'
- Who Is Cherry Seaborn? 7 Things to Know About Ed Sheeran's Fiancée
- Weah, vested president of Liberia
- Megyn Kelly Slams Jane Fonda, Calls Her Out After Their Awkward Exchange
- Unexpected QF: Chung ousts Djokovic; Sandgren upsets Thiem
- Ocado to tap into Canada's online grocery market with Sobeys tie-up
- Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET)- Stocks Retreating on New Performance Evolution
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Juno Therapeutics surges on Celgene deal
- Abby Lee Miller's Incredible Weight Loss in Prison - See Her New Figure!