City are now on 65 points from 24 games with 14 games left to play. After a defeat you always have a little bit of doubt about how you are going to react and what happens if you go two games in a row without winning.
"Goals! Targets! The main thing for me is going to be to stay here and try to win as many trophies as we can", he said.
Yet any fears City fans might have had about the desire of Guardiola's squad to win the title were put to bed on Saturday after the brilliant Aguero bagged the match ball from a fixture where City ran Newcastle ragged.
"We're really happy with the victory", said Aguero after registering his 11th treble for the club and his second of the season. The way we fought and the way we tried to play when they defended with many players in the box, that's why it is so good. It is important to show the team is still there but I don't have the feeling we give up. He opened the scoring by getting the faintest of touches to a Kevin De Bruyne cross in the 34th minute and then doubled the lead with a penalty after Raheem Sterling was fouled.
However, City were able to breathe easy with seven minutes remaining when the thrilling Leroy Sane waltzed around and through Newcastle's defence before laying off to Aguero who swept home his third goal.
However, he again called for owner Mike Ashley - who this week branded his attempts to sell the club to a consortium organised by financier Amanda Staveley "a frustrating and complete waste of time" - to spend some money in the January transfer window. Sergio Aguero scored the "perfect" hat-trick for City, the Argentine striker celebrating his 200th Premier League appearance in style.
"I think how Sergio played his career here". We dropped two points against Palace and got it back against Watford. "We can learn a lot off them, watching what they do". "Never, I didn't see it this season and that is why I am so proud to be their manager".
- Facebook will list sources according to their reliability
- Greeks to rally towards use of "Macedonia" in title…
- Even Congress should be 'Congress-mukt', says PM Modi
- (MCD) Holdings Trimmed by Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc
- Free flu shots for those over 18 available in Somerset County
- Australian Open men's round-up: Cilic overcomes Carreno Busta for 100th Slam win
- High court to rule on Trump's travel ban
- Here's What You Need To Know About The SAG Awards Happening Tonight
- Bhansali Productions urges Karni Sena to observe film
- UKIP leader Henry Bolton loses no confidence vote after girlfriend row