"The American people are not going to accept the premise that immigrants are criminals and that we ought to deport the ' Dreamers, '" the IL lawmaker said on ABC's "This Week".
On Sunday's "Meet the Press", White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short defended the president's re-election ad (for 2020) blaming Democrats for the government shutdown and accusing them of being complicit in murder.
The 30-second ad, debuted on YouTube and titled "Complicit", used footage from the ongoing trial of Luis Bracamontes, an unauthorized immigrant accused of killing two northern California deputies. "Stop illegal immigration, now", the ad, released Saturday and entitled "Complicit", advises.
The ad signs off with Trump saying he approves the message. Nancy PelosiNancy Patricia D'Alesandro PelosiDemocrats search for 51st net neutrality vote Hoyer suggests Dems won't support spending bill without DACA fix Trump's first year in office was the year of the woman MORE (Calif.) "Democrats who stand in our way will be complicit in every murder committed by illegal immigrants".
"President Trump will fix our border and keep our families safe", the ad concluded.
The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) allowed people who illegally came to the United States as children with their parents to stay if they met certain criteria.
Trump and his allies have demanded Congress fund his long-promised wall along the US-Mexico border and reform several other immigration programs in exchange for permanently protecting the Dreamers.
"Tell me how that helps negotiations today", Todd said.
"Negotiating with President Trump is like negotiating with Jell-O", he said.
Tens of thousands of anti-Trump demonstrators gathered on the streets of New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles and other major American cities to conduct coordinated marches opposing government policies made in his first year at White House.
- Free flu shots for those over 18 available in Somerset County
- UKIP leader Henry Bolton loses no confidence vote after girlfriend row
- How to Watch Bayern Munich vs. Werder Bremen
- Bhansali Productions urges Karni Sena to observe film
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Richard Sherman Defends Barry Church's Helmet-To-Helmet Hit On Rob Gronkowski
- High court to rule on Trump's travel ban
- Rio Tinto (RIO) Price Target Raised to GBX 3850
- Facebook will list sources according to their reliability
- KSTP'S Chris Long Finds Philadelphia Fans Getting Ready For Sunday