If you didn't get a chance to keep pace with today's consumer technology stories, we have a daily tech digest for you so that you can quickly glance through some of the most important stories from today. As per several reports, the handset has started receiving the Android Oreo 8.0 update in United Kingdom, along with Honor 9. EMUI8 feature update coming to Honor 8 soon, but no upgrade to Android 8.0 "Oreo" yet - "will have "a surprise" in this regard in the near future" though. However, you can also check the update manually by going through the settings about phone software updates. If you don't immediately see it, don't get impatient, you will get it in the next few days.
The Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Honor 8 Pro and the Honor 9 comes with several new features like the Picture in Picture mode, Password Autofill, faster boot times, restricted background activities, adaptive icons and notification dots, among others.
To recap, the Honor 8 Pro was launched in April a year ago with a 5.7-inch Quad HD display and an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset. Compared to the old EMUI 5.1 update, the EMUI 8.0 update also brings a new feature called Low Memory Management that should make it more resource efficient. On top of this, Honor is also improving its Smart Tips feature to provide better recommendations about how to get the most of your phone. For reference, the Honor 8 Pro was launched in India at Rs 29,999 in July, but recently received a price cut making its price Rs 25,999. Backed by a 4,000mAh battery, the device has dual rear cameras of 12MP module and an 8MP front facing snapper.
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) Price Target Raised to $410.00
- Costco Wholesale Corp (NASDAQ:COST) Institutional Investor Sentiment Trend
- Which Insider sold 708 Shares Of Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI)?
- Gronkowski 'ready to roll,' cleared from National Football League concussion protocol
- MISSOURI 69, ALABAMA 60: Tide falls at home to Mizzou
- Trump approves Indiana Medicaid work requirements
- Amazon's quarterly profit tops $1B for first time
- French referee Tony Chapron banned for kicking Nantes player Diego Carlos
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc. (IMNP), US Global Investors, Inc. (GROW)
- FDA Intervenes With Anti-Diarrhea Drug Packaging