Nellie Andreeva, the Deadline.com reporter, wrote that Cohan understands actual pay parity is not likely given that Maggie isn't necessarily as popular as Rick and Daryl.
Rumor had it that she was seeking pay parity with Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus, who are the biggest names attached to the show.
The increased interest in Cohan comes just as she's finishing out her present contract with AMC, creating an opportunity for her either to renegotiate a better deal to stay on as Maggie - or to test new waters while inking a higher-profile (and potentially more lucrative) role elsewhere.
Lauren Cohan has played Maggie Greene (later, Rhee) on The Walking Dead since 2011 (Season 2) and as of Season 8, she's still around, but that may be about to change. Cohan, who is contractually free and clear to entertain new offers, has been doing that, with her availability igniting a feeding frenzy in the form of a string of offers from multiple networks.
Cohan is now circling a number of different TV pilots, and word is that she's one of the hottest commodities entering this upcoming season. We do wonder whether or not a new series would be attractive to her really regardless of salary; typically, The Walking Dead only allots you so much time given that it's such an enormous cast.
The development may come as a shock to TWD fans because her character is alive and well on the show where death lurks around every corner.
Do you think that Lauren Cohan could really leave The Walking Dead, and do you think that she should?
- Bruno Mars announces tour stop in Tulsa
- Stock's Stunning Activities: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK)
- Clorox Co (NYSE:CLX) Institutional Investors Quarterly Sentiment
- Railway Budget 2018: Key Takeaways Including Redevelopment of Stations & Enhancing Railway Safety
- Hot Stock for Investors: Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance, Inc. (ARI)
- Arun Jaitley proved healthcare scheme is 'jumla': P Chidambaram
- North Korea earned $200 million from banned exports
- Kenya: Police Release George Aladwa After Raila Odinga Swearing in
- GISD announces district spelling bee champion
- Hoddle slams Real Madrid culture: Why would Pochettino go there?!