Donatello is the soft-shell turtle, wielding a tech-bo staff, and Michelangelo is our box turtle, sporting a kusari-fundo.
In Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, fans can expect to see the brothers showcase their own skills and personality traits, from big brother Raphael's enthusiastic bravado, to the cool charm and rebel heart of Leonard, to the tech and mechanical genius Donatello, and finally, the wildly imaginative youngest brother, Michelangelo, who knows a thing or two about skateboards.
The show features the voice talents of Ben Schwartz as Leonardo, Kat Graham as O'Neil, Josh Brener as Donatello, Brandon Mychal Smith as Michelangelo, Omar Miller as Raphael and Eric Bauza as master Splinter. The look is a little different for the Turtles, but bears some influence from the later seasons of the 2003 animated series (the Fast Forward and Back To The Sewers episodes), as well as the recent movies. April, described as a street-smart NY native, will be voiced by Kat Graham, while Splinter will be voiced by Eric Bauza.
We also learned a few details about the show. Raphael is the oldest, well respected by his brothers but prone to knee-jerk decision making.
Animal rights charity PETA has said the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [TMNT] should ditch the dairy and go vegan. The character, named Baron Draxum, is described as "an alchemist warrior mutant who aims to transform all humans into mutants".
Viewers can visit the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles page on Nick.com for more information and follow @TMNT for Turtle Power updates. The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic series was black and white, and co-creator Kevin Eastman has mentioned in the past that the character was originally supposed to be African-American, but you just couldn't tell thanks to the book's black and white nature.
- Manchester City drop more Premier League points after draw at Burnley
- Uma Thurman accuses Harvey Weinstein of assault
- SL Green Realty (NYSE:SLG) Upgraded to "Buy" at Stifel Nicolaus
- Restrictions imposed, roads closed to foil JRL call 'Shopian Chalo'
- Anworth Mortgage Asset Corp (ANH): Stock to Keep Your Eyes on
- Aperio Group LLC Buys 11390 Shares of Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS)
- Price Target Analysis DR Horton Inc. (DHI)
- Facebook bans all ads promoting cryptocurrencies - including Bitcoin
- Apple questioned by United States agencies about slowing iPhones
- Trump's immigration deal is, well, the real deal