Dirk Nowitzki joined another exclusive National Basketball Association club when he reached the 50,000-minute milestone on Monday night.
Yet, despite the fact he's played over 50,000 minutes for the Mavericks, the team still couldn't spell his name right on his jersey last night, as they misspelled it to read "Nowitkzi" instead as you can see below. The Clippers got hot behind Lou Williams and pulled out a 104-101 victory by scoring the last 13 points of the night.
As relayed by Mavs.com reporter Earl K. Sneed, Nowitzki took the mistake in stride. I guess it happens.
During an 11-season span that started in his second season, Nowitzki missed a total of 29 games, averaging 37.5 minutes per game.
"That's insane, " said Clippers coach Doc Rivers.
Yogi Ferrell missed for the Mavericks but Salah Mejri tied up DeAndre Jordan, who easily won the jump ball and led to a layup on the other end with 0.7 seconds to go to close the deal. Nowitzki has played an additional 5,895 minutes in the playoffs. "This time of year there's a lot of talk, and normally not a lot of activity".
But, it does summarize how things are going for the Mavericks this season. Doc Rivers said the up-tempo game was by design.
The accomplishment is a testament to Nowitzki's incredible durability since he entered the league in 1998 as the No. 9 overall draft pick. "It really is incredible".
"Amazing, " Clippers forward Danilo Gallinari said. "For us growing up in Europe, he's one of the best ever".
Nowitzki will have a chance to add even more minutes to his resume when the Mavericks play against the Golden State Warriors on Thursday.
Clippers: Play the first of seven consecutive road games Friday night in Detroit, where they will face former teammate Blake Griffin for the first time since he was traded.
- Charlotte Hornets acquiring a Knicks big man
- National Signing Day coverage details on February 7
- Prudential (PRU) Given a GBX 2186 Price Target by Citigroup Analysts
- This is what analysts have to say about Weight Watchers International, Inc
- Latest Update of Google Pixel 2 will Offer Better Imaging Capabilities
- Greg Schiano explains why he is staying at Ohio State
- Gracia revels in 'unforgettable' win over Chelsea
- Sensex, Nifty tumbles over 3.6 pc after global sell-off
- French FM Wants Withdrawal of Hezbollah From Syria
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) Earns "Buy" Rating from Jefferies Group