Pixel Visual Core will let you take great photos with minimal effort on Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat and more. Previously available only for the stock camera app with Android 8.1, will now be available across third-party apps that make use of the camera APIs.
"All you need to do is take the photo and Pixel 2 will do the rest".
The dedicated chip went unused at the time of the release of the Pixel 2 phones, with Google enabling use in a later update. In the latest version of Google Play Services (v12.2.09), the "Check for Update" button is back in action on Nexus and Pixel devices.
Later this week, Google will be rolling out new Augmented Reality (AR) Stickers themed around winter sports. You will notice that images short particularly in low-light will be brighter and detailed without being to noisily or blurry thanks to company's HDR+ technologies. "Like all AR stickers, these characters interact with both the camera and each other, creating a fun-filled way to enhance the moments you capture and share", Shacham added. Google claims that Pixel Visual Core uses computational photography and machine learning to improve image quality in apps. That means we're able to use that additional computing power to improve the quality of your pictures by running the HDR+ algorithm. The Visual Core's main objective is to bring the HDR+ image processing that's emblematic of the pixel camera. What's also exciting is these new features are available to any app-developers can find information on Google Open Source. That promise, however, was premature, as a Google Play Services update again reverted the feature back to its traditional status. It was announced in September that this was being reworked to actually pull in new updates rather than just seeing if one was available in your area, but the rollout was delayed due to a bug with Google Play Services.
- Greg Schiano explains why he is staying at Ohio State
- Breaking Down the Chart for NIKE, Inc. (NKE)
- Music Legend Quincy Jones Claims He 'Used to Date' Ivanka Trump
- Top of the list shares in todays market: WW Grainger, Inc. (GWW)
- Ford Ranger Raptor Makes Brief Online Debut Looking Mean and Sexy
- Wealth Architects LLC Purchases New Stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Stock Market Is Set to Plunge Again At Open
- Forbes values the Bulls at $2.6 billion
- Gabelli Funds LLC Decreases Holdings in Phillips 66 (PSX)
- Taiwan Hit By Strong Earthquake; Few Dead, Ton Missing, Hundreds Injured