The incident took place last night when Abhishek, who worked as a vehicle driver and a part-time disc jockey, was going home on his motorcycle, a police official said.
In a freak accident, a 21-year-old biker was killed in New Delhi on Thursday after his neck got slit by a wire at a police barricade.
The victim, identified by his single name Abhishek, worked as a driver with an online cab aggregator company.
Sunil, a relative of the victim, said that the barricades were tied with a wire which was not visible at night. There was no police officer placed at this place and it was the locals who tried to help him. Reports say the police had placed four barricades, two of which were tied together with a wire. There should have been a PCR van over here. An FIR has been registered under Sections 304-A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code and a probe is underway in the case. "He died on the spot", deputy commissioner of police Aslam Khan said. He was on his way back from a wedding, at about 1 am on Wednesday night, when the accident happened.
"During the investigation, we found negligence on the part of the area station house officer (SHO), four beat constables, and the division staff", said DCP Khan. "Fifteen minutes before this incident, another man was also hit by the wire and he got a scar from the wire", the relative added.
- City awaits Softbank's call to list telecoms division
- Scores of flights canceled as storm pummels US Midwest
- Regal Entertainment Group (RGC)
- Tuition Break For Some UW-Madison Students
- Tesla Loaded on SpaceX's Falcon Heavy Misses Target, Penetrates Into Deep Space
- Jese returns in time for Stoke City's clash with Brighton
- Co. Has $3.94 Million Stake in Ulta Beauty Inc (ULTA)
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD), TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (AMTD)
- Tesla moves to ease concerns over Model 3
- Hitman Kane is Tottenham's future - Pochettino