Fortnite developer Epic Games is walking back its plans to introduce skill-based matchmaking into Battle Royale after fan response was decidedly negative.
Interestingly enough, Epic admitted that they have been unable to "stay ahead of our continued growth and multiple of our backend services have been struggling under load the last several weeks" and Fortnite Battle Royale's v2.3.0 update was shipped with "significant bugs". The mode will be tuned for PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, and Xbox One X to maximize frame rate while minimizing loss of visual quality.
Of course, having a smooth-running game means nothing if you can't find anyone to play with on a server that is remotely near your location, so U.S. West Coast and Brazilian Xbox servers have been added.
In a lengthy post about planned updates coming soon and coming later, Epic Games gave players a taste of what was in the pipeline for Fortnite. What's more, the team plans to rework the social architecture and the social features in the game. Other social features coming soon include a "Looking for Group" feature as well as the option to spectate a friend's match and chat while waiting for them to finish up.
Literal game-changing features are also being looked at, so don't fret if the technical side of things doesn't interest you. Epic is planning to "quickly spin up a dozen or so limited time modes", it said in a blog post, including one called "The Floor is Lava" (which, incidentally, is the name of the next playstyle I'm testing out in a series of articles about the shooter).
Other than those two, players can expect a blitz mode with shorter rounds, a mode that has less time between circles and one with "team sizes in between 50v50 and squads". The team also stated they've been working hard to deliver Limited Time Modes.
New weapons and consumables are being prototyped along with different types of items beyond weapons and consumables.
Finally, during Season 3, the team is replacing the second daily challenge with a new weekly system.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
- Winter Olympics Results: Speed skating men's 5000m
- Over 10 lakh students skip UP board exams in four days
- Elon Musk's Red Roadster Heads for Asteroid Belt
- Loch falters to hand Gleirscher shock luge gold at Pyeongchang 2018
- Balotelli booked for protesting racism
- Devon Energy Corporation (DVN), The Gap, Inc. (GPS) — Recommendation Trends
- Brokerages Expect Gentex Co. (GNTX) to Announce $0.40 EPS
- Opening Ceremony Draws Total Audience of 28.3M
- North Korea's over-the-top cheerleaders cause a stir in Pyeongchang