Mr Kumar was talking to media in New Delhi after the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar said Shah told party MPs that broader details of the transaction, including that it would cost over Rs 58,000 crore, have been shared but break-up of expenditure can not be made public. Intervening in Shah's speech, Modi described how he held discussions with party cadres in his parliamentary constituency Varanasi over lunch by bringing his own tiffin.
NDA's estranged ally Shiv Sena on Thursday took a dig at the Narendra Modi government at the Centre and said that the present dispensation should focus more on core issues, rather than just doing politics over "pakoda". Two booklets containing the PM's speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos and Shah's speech at various platforms were distributed among MPs during the meeting.
"What we could deduce from his speech is that there is no possibility of an early election", the BJP source said. In his address, BJP President and Rajya Sabha member blamed the Congress and its chief Rahul Gandhi's "undemocratic" of sloganeering during the PM's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's address in the Lok Sabha. "This will be an excellent engagement of our government with the common man", parliamentary affairs minister Ananth Kumar said.
Referring to the Rafale deal, which the Congress has been using to corner the Modi government in Parliament, Ananth Kumar said Congress is compromising with national security. He asked the MPs to counter the Opposition's onslaught over the Rafale deal. The key question remains whether a heterogeneous mix of parties can work under a single leader like Congress president Rahul Gandhi. The Finance Minister has spoken in detail over the issue. He said whatever could be made public has been given without endangering national security.
He said that by generating a debate among the masses over the different schemes - such as Ayushman, the massive health insurance programme - and other announcements linked to rural development and the welfare of farmers, the MPs can create a buzz among the voters.
- Goelzer Investment Management Inc. Sells 323 Shares of Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE)
- Accusations fly as UNSC debates possible new chemical weapons attack in Syria
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean president to visit him in Pyongyang
- Wall Street ends whipsaw week on upbeat note
- IShares TIPS Bond (TIP) Declines 0.31% for Feb 9
- BidaskClub Lowers Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) to Sell
- Riyad Mahrez denies going AWOL as he returns to coaching
- Sociedad win proves Real Madrid are ready for PSG - Zinedine Zidane
- Delta Air Lines Incorporated (NYSE:DAL) Stock Is Shorted More