But despite the prospect of banking a lower fee by selling Mahrez to a European club, Leicester are reluctant to allow Mahrez to join a Premier League rival and efforts will be made to find a buyer in Spain, Italy, France or Germany if the player can not be persuaded to remain at the club.
Aguero saved the best for last, as the City striker smashed a unstoppable right- footed strike right down the middle of the goal which left Schmeichel with absolutely no chance to cap off a fantastic victory.
De Bruyne, meanwhile, has registered more assists than any other player in Europe's top five leagues since 2012.
"I don't know (which was my favourite goal) - maybe the last one because it's a long time since I scored from outside the box". Today was an important three points. "Now we need to look forward, to move on with all our best players". We have to wait for Vincent [Kompany] to lift the titles.
"We need to forget this game", he said.
Aguero has now collected 21 goals in his 22 league games this season, continuing his four year streak of scoring 20 or more goals in a season, but he is just happy that his goals are contributing to the side's hunt for silverware.
Riyad Mahrez will only be allowed to leave Leicester City for a club outside the Premier League this summer if he reiterates his desire to leave the King Power Stadium at the end of the season, a source has told ESPN FC.
"Hopefully we can fight for every game in all competitions. If we are able to win the title it will be something special for us".
- South Korean Prime Minister to meet North Korean delegation
- Pearl and Marina amiibo announced as Off the Hook hold first concert
- Winter Olympics: Korean athletes under unified flag at opening march
- IFP Advisors Inc Decreases Holdings in Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR)
- NGL Energy Partners (NGL) Lowered to "Sell" at ValuEngine
- The Mark McMorris story: From agony to ecstasy
- VP Mike Pence did not stand for unified Korea at Opening Ceremony
- Trump's speechwriter, Sorensen, resigns over abuse allegations
- Trump laments 'shattered lives' after aides resign
- North Korea's Kim invites Moon to Pyongyang for summit