"His departure led to a change in the way we play".
And Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez, who was part of that Barcelona team in 2012, says he saw the five-time Ballon d'Or victor break down in tears after the match.
"That's all part of football".
Chelsea star Eden Hazard has joked that Barcelona have a player in Lionel Messi who "is not from this world", as he prepares to lock horns with the superstar forward.
Standing in Barcelona's way in the Champions League is a two-legged tie with Chelsea in the last 16, which Hazard believes could go either way despite the contrasting form of the two sides.
"That's because players demand so much from themselves. People don't see that", the 29-year-old added.
He said: "I think football saves many people". He also revealed that to live a luxurious life you need to put in a lot of effort as a footballer.
"You buy a flash auto and people say that you're a show-off. People don't see that".
"I started 2018 on a good foot, though, and I am really happy".
Since joining Manchester United this January, Sanchez has featured three times for Mourinho's men, scoring once and setting up another.
- American Express (AXP) Expected to Earn FY2018 Earnings of $7.25 Per Share
- Suspect sets train on fire during dramatic arrest
- PSG must be wary - Zidane hails Ronaldo after hat-trick
- Boston Partners Sells 15863 Shares of FMC Corp (FMC)
- Carmelo Anthony's night cut short due to sprained right ankle
- Taiwan natural disaster toll rises to 14 dead
- Apple shares HomePod how-to videos covering Siri, touch controls, and more
- Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea invites South president to Pyongyang
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc
- Petit thinks Lacazette's Arsenal career is as good as over