Allahabad (U.P.), Feb 12 (ANI): In a shocking incident, a 26-year-old law student died in Uttar Pradesh's Allahabad after he was attacked by a group of men in a restaurant by hockey sticks and chairs.
"As per the CCTV footage obtained from the restaurant, they attacked Saroj mercilessly in the restaurant".
Saroj was a second-year law student of the Allahabad Degree College and hailed from Pratapgarh.
SSP also claimed that "we have been linking all the CCTV footages and sequence of incident".
Saroj, sustained serious injuries on his face, chest and neck and slipped into a coma, was rushed to the hospital by his friends.
The incident came to light after a video of it went viral on the social media. "The student had an altercation with some unidentified persons and later Dilip succumbed to the injuries during treatment at a city hospital on Sunday morning". Later, his brother filed a police complaint.
The waiter has been arrested and some others, including the restaurant owner, detained for questioning. However, the police have not yet arrested anyone.
He claimed that the CCTV footage revealed that the slain student, along with his friends, after passing the order to restaurant authorities, had come down and took their seats at stairs. One of the flying chairs hit a waiter, Munna Chauhan.
An FIR was lodged against Singh and his friend under Sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 307 (attempt to murder) and 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide) of IPC. "The main accused has been identified as Vijay Shankar Singh, a train ticket examiner". An enraged Chauhan then hit Saroj with a rod, the police said.
Visuals showed a man lifting rocks and metal rods from the road and hitting Dilip.
- Fed gets tough with Wells Fargo
- Ole Miss women at home against Alabama today
- Apple shares HomePod how-to videos covering Siri, touch controls, and more
- Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea invites South president to Pyongyang
- PSG must be wary - Zidane hails Ronaldo after hat-trick
- Suspect sets train on fire during dramatic arrest
- Most Shocking Stock Movements: Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN), Robert Half International Inc. (RHI)
- Petit thinks Lacazette's Arsenal career is as good as over
- TC Pipelines (TCP) Earning Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Report Shows
- Lucas Pouille tops Richard Gasquet for fifth ATP title — ATP Montpellier