Brisbane and Logan were worst hit when the storm swept through at about 6.30 last night.
Across the state a staggering 135,000 properties were plunged into darkness when wild winds and powerful lightning strikes lashed through Queensland; 4800 of those homes were on the Coast.
THE Bureau of Meteorology has just released a storm warning for the Sunshine Coast with the possibility of damaging winds and hail.
"The best rainfall figures we got were around 20 to 40 millimetres to the south and west of Brisbane, but across Brisbane itself, within that 5 to 15 millimetre range", he said.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
"Crews are out there but power will not be on in many places 2nite", it said.
Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Michael Paech said although there were no current warnings, another severe storm could not be ruled out.
He said another set of "gusty storms" were forecast for late afternoon after another scorching day of temperatures in the high-30s.
Parts of the south-east fell short of their predicted maximums and severe storms arriving on Sunday afternoon.
"We've had a lot of tree branches impacting on to the powerlines so that's causing widespread outages and we're getting fresh crews in to really get into it today", Mr Coomber said.
Although wind gusts reached speeds of 111km/hr in Moreton Bay, the storm cell only provided a small amount of much-needed rain.
Energex spokesman Ty Marega urged residents to be aware of hazards during the clean-up.
COAST residents are still without power following a freak storm that ripped through South-east Queensland overnight.
- NGL Energy Partners (NGL) Lowered to "Sell" at ValuEngine
- Sabres' Eichel out indefinitely with sprained right ankle
- Government shuts down for 2nd time in 3 weeks
- 'Fifty Shades Freed' commands $38.8 million to top box offices
- Turkish Helicopter Downed in Afrin, Erdogan Promises 'Harsh Response'
- Senate And House Vote To End Government Shutdown
- Trump Signs 2-Year Spending Pact
- Use technology for development, not destruction: PM Modi in Dubai
- Fibria Celulose (FBR) Earning Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Accern Reports
- The Mark McMorris story: From agony to ecstasy