According to a report from Jonathan M. Alexander of the News & Observer, the Blue Devils have ruled out Bagley for the 6 p.m. tip against the Yellow Jackets. Blue Devils games tend to finish over the projected point total (68.2 percent).
Duke went on to lose to UNC, 82-78.
The Blue Devils lead the series 71-23 and have a 10-game winning streak in this head-to-head battle - the longest active streak against ACC opponents.
Marvin Bagley III, the ACC's leading scorer and rebounder, will sit out as what a spokesman called "a precautionary measure" as he nurses a mild sprain of his right knee.
Georgia Tech is coming off a 77-54 loss at Louisville this week for its sixth loss in seven games. The Cardinals had a rate of 13.8 (better than their season average of 14.8), while the Yellow Jackets posted a mark of 25.2 (above their season average of 16.8).
Meanwhile, Georgia Tech owns records of 11-13 SU and 10-9-1 ATS. Josh Okogie is averaging 18.4 points and 6.5 rebounds while Jose Alvarado is averaging 12.6 points and 3.2 assists. Any way you look at it, this is a rough moment for the Blue Devils. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are allowing 37.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 31.9 rebounds per game. Bagley returned the following game.
Regardless, Duke will have a tough time making up for Bagley's absence. The Duke Blue Devils have split their last eight road games. He also averages 1.7 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.0 steals per game.
During their last five games, the Yellow Jackets have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (7.8 above their season average).
- Amid Olympic thaw, Pence says allies united in isolating North Korea
- Government to try and make sense of Brexit in series of speeches
- Kim Cattrall Accuses Sarah Jessica Parker Of Exploiting Brother's Loss of life
- Brisbane storms: More wild, hot weather expected to hit south-east Queensland
- Inconsistency once again hampers Shane Lowry at Pebble Beach
- President Donald Trump Frets For "Shattered Lives" Of Accused Abusers
- Roscosmos postpones launch of Soyuz rocket due to automatic engine shutdown
- Aguero strikes lift Man City
- Senate And House Vote To End Government Shutdown
- The Mark McMorris story: From agony to ecstasy