Getafe sits in 11th in league play with 29 points.
After second-placed Atletico Madrid won at Malaga on Saturday, Barca's draw means Diego Simeone's side have eaten into their lead by two points.
Barcelona are held, at the Camp Nou, by Getafe in a goalless encounter.
Leaders Barcelona continued their unbeaten LaLiga campaign but failed to score at home in the league for the first time since November 2016 after being held to a goalless draw by Getafe.
The best chances Barcelona created saw the Getafe goalkeeper, Vicente Guaita, produce fine saves to deny both Philippe Coutinho and Lionel Messi. "He will come back bit by bit, but we think the game tomorrow (Sunday) is a good time for him to be there".
"This league is never easy, we'll have to work hard", he explained in his post-match press conference.
"It is true that he has a problem and we took a risk on him the other day because it was a decisive game", said Valverde.
Getafe, 10th in the standings, has drawn four straight matches, losing only once in its last seven games. That could see Yerry Mina could make his Liga debut for Barcelona.
"Thomas Vermaelen is coming to the end of his recovery", Valverde added.
Inconsistent in defense, Mina was a constant threat on set pieces in attack, almost scoring with a header in the second half.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has confirmed that Ousmane Dembele is available to face Getafe at the Nou Camp after recovering from a hamstring injury. ― Reuters picBARCELONA, Feb 12 ― After Barcelona thrashed Real Madrid 3-0 in La Liga at the Santiago Bernabeu in December, it looked like nobody could stop them on their charge to the title.
Sevilla's victor came within seconds of the restart when Joaquin Correa raced onto Clement Lenglet's through ball and touched it past Girona goalkeeper Bono as Pablo Sarabia bundled home Bernando Espinosa's attempts to clear off the goal-line - with Rojiblancos' goalscorer remaining unclear.
Sevilla is sixth in the standings, one point behind Villarreal.
- HDFC Bank (HDB) Receiving Favorable News Coverage, Report Shows
- Snowboarding: Anderson retains slopestyle gold in strong wind
- Banks inquiry wants more misconduct info
- New Horizons broke the record of Voyager 1
- Real Madrid: Isco exit would open way for Eden Hazard arrival
- Alexis Sanchez saw Lionel Messi crying after Chelsea beat Barcelona in 2012
- Invesco (NYSE:IVZ) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Study Finds
- Ole Miss women at home against Alabama today
- Diversified Trust Co Has $452000 Stake in Valero Energy Partners LP (VLP)
- Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea invites South president to Pyongyang