Police Scotland said inquiries had established no crime had been committed and no arrests were made.
It is understood that the French players questioned were spoken to by police as potential witnesses.
Initial reports have suggested that members of the French squad became involved in a fight at the end of a night out in the Scottish capital, following their narrow 32-26 defeat against Scotland at Murrayfield hours earlier.
POLICE have stopped a plane carrying the France rugby squad home from Edinburgh to interrogate a number of players following allegations of a late-night bust-up.
"These inquiries have established that no crime has been committed".
The French Rugby Federation (FFR) has confirmed "some players" are assisting with inquiries from the "Scottish authorities".
The French squad had been due to leave Edinburgh Airport on Monday morning..
A spokesman for the airport said: "We have a plane that was due to leave at 11am that has not left yet".
Events Manager Jo McKinnell said the French players were in the bar on Sunday evening but said there were no incidents.
- Rippon olive branch to Pence over Olympic gay controversy
- Steve Smith wins Allan Border Medal 2018
- Snow blankets Chicago as winter storm sweeps US Midwest
- Winter Olympics 2018 medal count: Norway leads all countries with eight
- Shah Rukh Khan goes underwater to thank his twitter fans
- Woman charged after toilet queue brawl on cruise ship
- Seoul seeks communication, lower military tension ahead of possible North Korea summit
- Guardiola hits back at United legend over substitutes
- Llorente 'would love' Juventus return as he prepares for reunion with Spurs
- Rumor: Pokemon Switch Localization Will Start This Year