She has recently been on the catwalk at New York Fashion Week, showing off a futuristic space girl look with bright pink hair, zipped up pink topped that exposed her torso and silver skirt.
Gigi Hadid has responded to critics who said she looked too skinny during her New York Fashion Week appearances. The 22-year-old model took to Twitter following a hectic day at NY fashion week, (after walking for Jeremy Scott and Bottega Veneta) to defend her physique following criticism of her "too skinny" frame.
The model - who has been subjected to ongoing scrutiny about her fluctuating weight - revealed that she used to suffer from Hashimoto's disease, a swelling of the thyroid gland which results in weight gain, tiredness and dry skin.
She continued, "Over the last few years I've been properly medicated to help symptoms including those, as well as extreme fatigue, metabolism issues, body's ability to retain heat, etc".
Gigi showed off her model prowess at the bash as she showed off her endless legs while reclining on an array of plush pink cushions.
Gigi went on to explain what Hashimoto's disease is and how it affects a person's size.
The model said she would "not further explain" the way her body looks and that "I may be "too skinny" for U.but I feel healthier".
Hadid supporters quickly came forward into her defence, including her reality star friend the 22-year-old Kendall Jenner.
Hadid ended a series of tweets, writing, "Please, as social media users & human beings in general, learn to have more empathy for others and know that you never really know the whole story".
"Although stress and excessive travel can also affect the body, I have always eaten the same", the model stated.
Gigi Hadid looks incredible modelling her new range with Tommy Hilfiger Gigi and sister Bella took the modelling world by a storm after gaining a fierce online following a few years ago.
"Use your energy to lift those that you admire rather than be cruel to those you don't".
- PM Modi to visit Shiva Temple in Muscat
- Don't mention the score: North Korean media silent on 8-0 loss
- Liberia's Sirleaf Awarded Mo Ibrahim African Leadership Prize
- Calif. Pastor Accused of Assaulting Lady Turns Himself In
- America reacts to Mirai Nagasu's historic triple axel
- Pfizer (PFE) Given a $40.00 Price Target at Jefferies Group
- These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
- Hazard responds to Madrid speculation
- Boy suffers life-threatening injuries when ambulance struck by alleged drunk driver
- Jones lauds Brown as the 'Shilton of fullbacks'