To create awareness about menstruation hygiene, Khiladi Akshay Kumar has joined hands with the multiplex chains to organise ladies-only screenings of his recently released 'PadMan' across metropolitan cities. Last year, his movies like Jolly L.L.B 2 and Toilet: Ek Prem Katha other than his exceptional performance had one thing in common which is that they gave out a message.
The main reason behind producing the movie was to show people the struggle that females in our country are going through. And hence the team have organised the all-women's show of the film. The R Balki directorial film has only 2750 screens in India while it has got 600 screens in the overseas market. The filmmaker has an extremely innovative style of telling a story and knows how to bring out the best out of his actors. Given the subject of the film, Akshay was of the opinion that it should reach as many women as possible.
Pad Man has been released in India and is receiving positive response from both the critics and audiences.
Akshay Kumar's PadMan has picked up from it's first day at the box office. After collected 10.26 crores on Friday, the movie has collected another 13.68 crores which has pushed the collections to 23.94 crores which is definitely NOT a small amount.
The Punjab Film Censor Board has banned the Bollywood movie, Padman, exclusively on the basis of it portraying a subject that they think is a "taboo" - menstrual hygiene. The film also features Sonam Kapoor and Radhika Apte in lead roles and was previously slated to release on January 25. According to its report, local film producers are also of the same opinion.
- The first Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Ramallah
- Surveillance footage captures moment Russian plane crashed, killing 71
- Srinagar: Militants' attempt to attack CRPF camp foiled, encounter under way
- Banks inquiry wants more misconduct info
- Gaming and Leisure Properties (GLPI) PT Lowered to $31.00
- American Express (AXP) Expected to Earn FY2018 Earnings of $7.25 Per Share
- Mick Mulvaney: Trump 'absolutely not' considering replacing John Kelly
- PSG must be wary - Zidane hails Ronaldo after hat-trick
- Mohan Bhagwat's speech on Army an insult to every Indian: Rahul Gandhi
- Instagram new feature to ALERT users when someone takes screenshot