A Delhi University (DU) student was allegedly molested by a man in a bus. In her FIR, the woman, who works at a language institute in the building in Connaught Place, said that around 10 am on November 30 she had gone to the terrace of the building to make a phone call. The woman has alleged that the man also tried to touch her.
What is shocking to learn is that no one in the bus reacted to the incident.
A Delhi University student lodged an case against a man for allegedly molesting her on board a bus, according to several media reports.
"I raised an alarm and shouted at him too". No one in the bus said a word. "He retorted saying I should get out if I have a problem", she said.
That's not the end of her disturbing experience she faced in the national capital city.. She filed the FIR at Vasant Vihar police station. Shockingly, adding layers to her disturbing experience, the police allegedly made her wait for almost seven hours to record her complaint. "Why is it this tough for girls to come out and complain?", the woman lamented. I feel sick to the stomach to even see the whole video, I commend this girl's courage to endure the harassment, take a video, post it on social media and also complain to the police.
Such incidents are being reported on a daily basis in the national capital and yet successive governments have failed to implement policy measures to tackle them.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had made a pre-poll promise to equip DTC buses with CCTV cameras and marshals but the promise is yet to see the light of the day.
By now, there is no one in our country or elsewhere who is unaware of the various forms of sexual harassment that women face every day.
- Marmite maker Unilever threatens to pull ads from Facebook and Google
- (APC) Shares Sold by Cwm LLC
- Pence: 'No daylight' between USA , allies on North Korea
- Waymo and Uber settle
- Indonesian maid dies after alleged abuse from local employers
- Anushka Sharma's 'Pari' trailer out this week
- 2 dead, police officer shot and 2 gunmen barricaded in Detroit homes
- Llorente 'would love' Juventus return as he prepares for reunion with Spurs
- Kane Williamson doubtful for Wellington T20I tie against England
- Parts Of Northern Puerto Rico Lose Electricity After Power Plant Explosion